Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 11:14 AM

209 posts, read 247,385 times

Advertisements

hi me and hubby are planning a trip to old orchard beach area next summer we live in ct in the central ct area ( its the center of the state) driving wont be that bad for us. we are leaving on a thursday morning and staying till sunday or monday evening.

can you recommend places to stay we would love something maybe on the waterfront we are open to hotel rentals beach rentals and suites with a kitchen but a kitchen is not a deal breaker nor is a beach house. but we dont want to spend a ton on just lodging low to mid range on that for pricing but nothing run down or shady.

i started to look up fishing as my husband loves to fish it seems though all the deep sea charters that i found only have private boats with like a max of 4-5 people on board costing an arm and a le g to charter and not fesable for just him to charter it for himself. so i was wondering if there are any party boat charters. boats that can fit a lot of people and they have full or half day charters and you reserve a spot and go with random people hubby has done party boats localy and in RI, florida and california but i am not sure maine has any party boat charters.

also how far is orchard beach from portland? the last time i was in maine was when i was in hs with my parents on vacation and we stayed in portland and did stuff around there but that was years ago and i dont remember much

what are some things to do in the area besides the beach and board walk? shopping how far are the outlets? any good cupcake bakeries or places to get homemade ice cream,

we are not big on night life but enjoy dinners out we do occasonaly go to the bar but they are mostly karokee and country bars not sure if Maine has a huge country music population like Connecticut does .

also any places where you can take a nice flat lands hike?

how are the resturants is there a mix of places hubby loves seafood i like more farm to table places bbq and unique eateries greek/mid eastern food, we are not huge fans of asian food and mexican 4

we are both in our early and late 30s if that helps as far as things to do our age
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
View detailed profiles of: