U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,014 times

Advertisements

I plan on relocating to Portland or surrounding areas after my divorce is final. I live now in SE Virginia and the weather is too warm for me. The problem is that I am keeping the several family pets and all the nice townhomes I found so far have strict pet restrictions. Is there any place without these kind of restrictions? Am I asking for too much?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 01:06 PM

843 posts, read 1,006,119 times
I'm looking at townhouses also which allow pets. I've found several by using Craigslist.com and searching Portland Maine rentals. They have a box you can click that eliminates places that won't accept cats.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,014 times
@TerryDactyls: I would be buying my future home, but thanks for the suggestion and best of luck.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:14 PM

If you find a nice place, let me know.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:25 AM

404 posts, read 696,012 times
Dulce & Terry,

This should be very possible, especially if purchasing. I have a friend with a condo for sale but I know they have a dog restriction, which isn't the nor. No restrictions on cats though. S portland willard area is very pet friendly....as far a purchasing my condo's in Cape does not have restrictions on Purchasers and pets and a dogs for renters. There are a number for sale...If you search on zillow you'll find them...there is also another condo-complex, priced well with both sales and sometimes rentals off Spurwink in Cape...again you'll find them on zillow. DM me if you want specifics.

Terry, Craigs list is by far the best source of what's available, but try adding in santoro and drinanproperties web sites as a resource.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrixwolfe View Post
Dulce & Terry,

Terry, Craigs list is by far the best source of what's available, but try adding in santoro and drinanproperties web sites as a resource.
I sent emails to both property companies. I never heard back from one and the other said they couldn't help because when I'm in Portland in early June to look around, they won't know what is available for August 1st. I probably misinterpreted the email, but I felt like I was getting the brush-off.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:17 PM

1,910 posts, read 4,625,612 times
Dulce, your buyer agent can get access to the pet restrictions prior to setting up showings. Most condo associations do frown on "several family pets," due to the noise/waste issues that they can bring to a common area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or