Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 PM

6 posts, read 7,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnwardToMaine View Post
Actually most of our friends so far are transplants to Cape. Some are from other towns in Maine and many are from out of state. It seems that they were all drawn to Cape for the same reasons we initially were. Before we moved here I was a bit apprehensive about how the people would be here in Cape due to their apparent reputation for being rich and snobbish. I have found everyone here to be so extremely kind and welcoming. We have many friends who live in some pretty amazing and expensive homes (though most are in more modest homes like us) and they are still friendly and down to earth people. I've really been so pleasantly surprised. I think people come here to raise their children close to the beaches and the forests and to take advantage of the amazing schools and they just don't seem like the type to be aloof. It's such a wonderful place.
Hi Onward - thanks for the detailed response. Super helpful!!!

It's interesting and yet somehow not surprising based on all the other feedback I've read about the Cape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 03:08 PM

6 posts, read 7,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFanMe View Post
The kids are out and about and the sports programs are strong, between our 3 we're out almost every night for softball practices and games this time of year. There are also lots of summer camps (day and sleepaway) available. As a licensed real estate agent, I can't tell my clients where certain age groups are, but I do advise them to look for basketball hoops and Little Tykes equipment in driveways, it's fairly obvious.
Thanks WhoFan. We'll keep a lookout for little kids gear. We'll be buzzing through the area in early August. I expect we'll see more play gear strewn about front yards and driveways then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area