Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 PM

10 posts, read 42,968 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone this is great information!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 PM

I have heard of the Sea Dogs, and I know without a doubt If we move ther I will be at a game...lol. Sounds like a fun afternoon!!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:17 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffey319 View Post
I have heard of the Sea Dogs, and I know without a doubt If we move ther I will be at a game...lol. Sounds like a fun afternoon!!
It's a nice little ball park to go to. Great family place. I used to take a car load of my sons friends there a couple of times a summer. I don't think it ever cost me more than $50-$60 for the whole day including drinks and hot dogs!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:25 PM

My husband would be in heaven! I know there would be a few trips to Boston as well. I read your other post on Ticks, they sure don't sound like fun, either do the black flies.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 PM

263 posts, read 616,426 times
Quote:
Thank you for this site!! Do you camp much?
As a kid, my family camped twice a year sometimes more. I loved it.
We camped in Canada, VT and NH. But mostly Maine.
I have been trying to convince DH to buy a travel trailer. So far no luck.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:49 PM

I am an avid RV camper, I have since convinced my Husband to become one as well. It is the best way to see the country with kids. I hope you get your travel trailer!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM

263 posts, read 616,426 times
Quote:
I am an avid RV camper, I have since convinced my Husband to become one as well. It is the best way to see the country with kids. I hope you get your travel trailer!!!!

Thank you.
We are moving back to Maine in 47 days. DH wants to get settled before making a big purchase. We travel A LOT and having a travel trailer would things much easier and fun.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
Norway is a nice town. Have friends who live there and there is enough to do to keep one busy. Norway Lake is beautiful. You are close to the Lewiston/Auburn area. Walmart is in Oxford, right next to Norway. You aren't that far from the tax free shopping in N. Conway, NH. There is Oxford Plains Speedway and Dragway for race fans.
Its an easy drive to Portland and Boston isn't that far away. Plenty of places to explore and go camping.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,383 times
Default portland or Norway

I wonder if you could tell me if the new store in Portland on the corner of Washington and Allen Ave is going to happen. I know that Walgreen's is slowing their building projects to cut costs. I do not see any sign of it happening! Norway is beautiful especially if you all live outdoor activities. Portland has everything if you love convenience and small city life. I love and prefer the mountains but it is really too far from the city if you want to get out once in a while. There are nice towns in between like New Gloucester which is between Norway and Portland.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
According to what I have read Maine would be safer,cheaper and less populated then here, But then again some things I have read point to it costing more to live there, and very isolated, no Costco or big retailers.
Maine is MUCH safer and less populated than where you are now. Portland and Bangor, Maine's biggest cities, are small compared to Portland, Oregon.

Heating your home will be much more expensive in Maine. Many homes still use fuel oil, and Maine, unlike western Oregon, has REAL winters. Wages are also lower in Maine.

I'm not sure about Costco locations around Norway. I'm just not familiar with that area. But Norway doesn't look all that far from Auburn, and Auburn is one of Maine's bigger cities. You might not have a Costco, WalMart, and Starbuck's every few blocks, but you won't be in the sticks either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area