Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 PM

83 posts, read 327,561 times

Advertisements

i search on walmart.com and they were no walmart in portland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 06:10 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,155 times
Maybe in South Portland near the Maine Mall? There is a Target there....there must be a Walmart.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:27 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,243 times
There's a Walmart in South Portland. It's on Maine Mall/Payne Road, past Christmas Tree Shop on the left as you head towards Scarborough.
Walmart.com has maps of locations w/telephone numbers, etc.

Anything you want to know about shopping, just ask me. I don't buy very much, but enjoy looking around and comparing prices. It's a cheap hobby

Old 04-12-2008, 09:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,753 times
Also a Walmart in Falmouth, about the same distance from downtown Portand as the one out by the Maine Mall. About 30 min from Portland there is one of those Walmart Super stores with grocery up in Windham.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:31 AM

12 posts, read 59,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
There's a Walmart in South Portland. It's on Maine Mall/Payne Road, past Christmas Tree Shop on the left as you head towards Scarborough.
Walmart.com has maps of locations w/telephone numbers, etc.

Anything you want to know about shopping, just ask me. I don't buy very much, but enjoy looking around and comparing prices. It's a cheap hobby
Actually, that Walmart is in Scarborough. Just over the South Portland/Scarborough line. So there really aren't any Walmarts in Portland.

I go to the one in Windham, But I do not recommend going on the weekends, unless you are there very early. The store gets packed, can't get a shopping cart. It gets worse in the summer with all the tourists.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times
We never saw a Walmart in our travels along the coast from Portland up through Acadia, over the Bangor and back. We did need a few items while there that we picked up at a Family Dollar in Belfast.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaStar_3 View Post
Actually, that Walmart is in Scarborough. Just over the South Portland/Scarborough line. So there really aren't any Walmarts in Portland.

I go to the one in Windham, But I do not recommend going on the weekends, unless you are there very early. The store gets packed, can't get a shopping cart. It gets worse in the summer with all the tourists.
You want to see a packed Walmart, try getting into the one in Presque Isle during the week-end. Close to Canada and the strong Canadian dollar right now makes it a nightmare for going to that store. Usually cannot even find a parking spot in the entire lot. I don't even try to go unless it is real early in the morning before the swarm.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:25 PM

12 posts, read 59,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You want to see a packed Walmart, try getting into the one in Presque Isle during the week-end. Close to Canada and the strong Canadian dollar right now makes it a nightmare for going to that store. Usually cannot even find a parking spot in the entire lot. I don't even try to go unless it is real early in the morning before the swarm.
Yeah, I used to live up in the county and whenever I needed to go to Walmart on the weekend, I got up early and went. Even if it was my only day to sleep in.
I wonder if the Houlton store gets as busy.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:52 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,238,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
We never saw a Walmart in our travels along the coast from Portland up through Acadia, over the Bangor and back. We did need a few items while there that we picked up at a Family Dollar in Belfast.

Wow, you must have had your eyes closed the whole time.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 PM

6 posts, read 23,701 times
There is indeed no Wal-Mart in Portland and I suggest we keep it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area