U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 AM

23 posts, read 54,940 times

Advertisements

Which carrier has the best reception and reliability in Southern Maine? I am thinking about ditching the land line when we move and going completely cell. My husband's workplace uses Unicel. We are relocating to the Sanford area and my US Cellular plan is ending (great reception in Bangor), so I am wondering what works the best. Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 07:51 AM

3,061 posts, read 7,676,408 times
My husband has US Cellular and it works great all over.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:05 AM

Default I think so too, Alison

I have no trouble with my service. I think we may stick with it unless we get mobile to mobile that matches with his work plan.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM

3,061 posts, read 7,676,408 times
Hubby has his through his work. He likes it better than any he has had.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:24 AM

502 posts, read 1,610,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
Which carrier has the best reception and reliability in Southern Maine? I am thinking about ditching the land line when we move and going completely cell. My husband's workplace uses Unicel. We are relocating to the Sanford area and my US Cellular plan is ending (great reception in Bangor), so I am wondering what works the best. Thanks in advance
I believe most cell phone services work about the same. At our house in raymond, very few cell phones work. Go 1/2 mile down the road either direction and they work fine.

We currently are stuck with suckular ( cingular ) for another 6 months or so. We will go back to verizon as soon as we can. Cingulars service has been non existant if there is an issue. We currently have 20% off our bill for the rest of the contract due to service issues and poor service. Verizon was great with customer service when we had them.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:13 AM

Default Shadowfax, you have me laughing out loud!

Not because of the service, but the renaming of it! I think we are going to stick with US Cellular. I haven't had any problems (knock wood) so far and I have had this plan for nearly 2 years. I have asked a bunch of people and so far the verdict is that they have good coverage in the south.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:58 AM

3,231 posts, read 6,847,340 times
Default Verizon

We have found that Verizon has the most coverage state wide. There are a few sketchy areas, Litchfield - Sabattus area, sometimes the Naples area, a few spots in Harpswell. For the most part I can talk to my son (Verizon- Verizon) pretty much whether he's down in Kittery or up Caribou. I spoke to him last night on his cell - He's in T2- R10 fishing for the weekend.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:31 AM

Default WOW Mermaid

That sounds like some great coverage! I will look into Verizon as well then. Thanks for the tip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area