Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,803 times

Advertisements

Okay, I am quuite surprised at the lack of mention about any of the actual "gay" places in Portland! For a small city, it is a very gay friendly one! We've got some great entertaining kings and queens and many nooks and crannies that you will soon realize are wonderfully gay! And Pride Week is awesome and grand in Portland!

Last edited by 7th generation; 08-09-2009 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: new members are not allowed to make recommendations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 09:26 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
"The Katahdin" resturant Katahdin Restaurant is not a "gay hangout" but is certainly gay friendly and lesbian owned.....and has great food!
I don't care who owns it the food is really good. I use a recipe from there all the time at Christmas and Thanksgiving . It's a combination of turnip,beets and orange juice, Its soooo good and pretty on the plate! I met one of the original owners/chefs when I was fiddleheading this spring in the woods. Gretchen was great fun to talk to and was flattered that we love her turnip/beet recipe and hold it as "company quality".

Last edited by Maineah; 08-02-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 08-03-2009, 05:17 AM

47,864 posts, read 21,884,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I don't care who owns it the food is really good. I use a recipe from there all the time at Christmas and Thanksgiving . It's a combination of turnip,beets and orange juice, Its soooo good and pretty on the plate! I met one of the original owners/chefs when I was fiddleheading this spring in the woods. Gretchen was great fun to talk to and was flattered that we love her turnip/beet recipe and hold it as "company quality".
I have to agree that the food is some of the best I have had in Portland...it is one of my favs.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,377 times
It's been over a year. Where is Chandler now? I just spent the weekend in Portland, checking it out and considering it for future place to live. (coming from CT). I keep hearing "Portland is very gay friendly" and I saw the rainbow flags on businesses but honestly, we saw nary a gay. Where were they all?! And i realize all big towns have their beaten down folk but Portland has a lot of poor white alcoholic / homeless looking types and a lot of multi family houses with no landscaping and a lot of cheap siding. Very industrial looking town. But it did grow on me. The restaurants are fantastic. People do seem pretty accepting although there were times and places we felt we needed to "butch it up" or get beat up.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 754 times
Trying to get some input from the public....Mid June I would like to host a GLBT event at a local venue in central Maine...NO COVER- dress to impress-fun-DJ- drink specials!! Thoughts? email me [EMAIL="ashorty@championsfitnessclub.com"]ashorty@championsfitnessclub.com[/EMAIL] with any suggestions, if you'd be interested in attending with your lover and/or friends.
Our venue is setup to host under age and over 21 crowd- would it be better to do 21 and over only or 18 and over?

Last edited by GLBTvenue; 05-12-2014 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area