Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,531 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Portland. Can anyone tell me about the different neighborhoods. I am a single mother with a 14 year old daughter and am looking for an apartment. I have sectioin 8, but would like to find an apartment in a good area. How is the Munjoy Hill neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
Not an area I would live in. But that is just my opinion. I don't know enough about Portland to recommend an area, just that Munjoy Hill occasionaly makes the news for one crime or another.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,256 times
Smile Munjoy Hill is GREAT!!!

Munjoy Hill used to be considered a sketchier neighborhood, but it is now one of the most popular areas to live on the peninsula. It is only blocks from the Eastern Promenade (big grassy park overlooking the ocean), is within easy walking distance of downtown, walking distance of high school, and is home to ever increasing numbers of restaurants and coffee/tea shops (yup, slow gentrification). Definitely my preferred side of town.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,531 times
thanks bella22,
All I have is a map and googleearth to look at apartment addresses. I am currently living in Rumford and can't wait to get out of here. I am not from Maine, but I have been to Portland and I like it. But I don't know the neighborhoods very well, having mostly gone to the Old Port, downtown and the Maine mall. One thing is for sure , the job situation has got to be better than in Rumford- No jobs! I am trying to find a neighborhood my daughter will feel safe in. After reading your post i am going to look at a couple of apartments i have found. Any more info on neighborhoods is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area