U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 PM

80 posts, read 344,923 times

Advertisements

I'm currently looking into a possible job at an equine stable in Scarborough. I would love for someone to paint me a general feel of this town and surrounding areas. I have never been to Maine, so the whole state is rather foreign to me. While accomodations will be provided for my horse and myself, I am interesting in knowing the current pricings of local apartments.

Thank you in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 05:07 AM

4,459 posts, read 6,841,176 times
Dublin

Scarborough (pop about 17,000- is conveniently located in southern Maine, approximately 7 miles south of the City of Portland. It is just a short drive to Portland and the Maine Mall with easy access to the Maine Turnpike, Portland Jetport and now passenger rail service to Boston and points south. Scarborough is a diverse community with a commitment to the quality of life and the environment.

Scarborough offers lovely sandy beaches and the rocky coastline made famous by a local artist, Winslow Homer. The largest saltwater marsh in Maine is located within our boundaries along with Rachel Carson Wildlife lands.

We are a suburban community that offers open spaces, parks and recreational areas for our residents and visitors. We also have a balance with our commercial businesses. The newest area for businesses to locate in Scarborough is along the Haigis Parkway, located right at Exit 6 of the Maine Turnpike.

The Scarborough Town Hall is located at 259 U.S. Route 1. This is just south of the junction of Rt. 1 and Black Point Rd/Gorham Rd.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:14 AM

422 posts, read 1,806,135 times
Scarborough is a nice town. Behind the middle school there is an outdoor skating rink in the winter. There is also a large marsh in Scarborough. An old Candlepin Bowling Alley is on route 1. Pat's pizza and Amatos are the best places to get food. If you like betting on harness racing, Scarboro Downs is a horse track off route 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area