Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I know some "alpha male" types who wear flip-flops.
You'd have to have a very narrow definition of "manly" to object to flip-flops in summer. Pretty sure even Clint Eastwood has been known to wear sandals and flip flops in a movie or two. Maybe not John Wayne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 07:24 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Drove up there to pick a fam. member up at Union Station..................wanted to leave ASAP!!!!!!!

Last edited by Goin'toasquarestate; 08-24-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 08-25-2010, 10:22 AM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
You'd have to have a very narrow definition of "manly" to object to flip-flops in summer. Pretty sure even Clint Eastwood has been known to wear sandals and flip flops in a movie or two. Maybe not John Wayne.
I never said I had an objection to it. I just said I knew some "manly" type persons who wear flip-flops.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider myself as manly as most men, and I don't wear flip-flops or sandals. Not my style.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM

436 posts, read 951,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I know some "alpha male" types who wear flip-flops.
I don't.

Quote:
You'd have to have a very narrow definition of "manly" to object to flip-flops in summer.
On a beach, sure.

Anywhere else, you look like an, um, how to say this, un-manly guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Go back to your Midwestern forums, lil' kid...No one here gives a damn about the Chicago Cubs.
Careful, small fry. I live in one of those manly cities. Don't get in too deep.

Further, grow some intellect. I wasn't discussing the Chicago Cubs.

Last edited by smoking357; 08-25-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-25-2010, 10:45 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Guys wear flip-flops in the summer on the West Coast, either when it's hot or when going to the beach. No big deal. Wearing them to the office or work however makes you look like a clown, unless you work in say, a surf company in Santa Cruz.

I don't wear them however, because I'm too manly...

Old 08-25-2010, 01:00 PM

286 posts, read 521,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
I don't.

On a beach, sure.

Anywhere else, you look like an, um, how to say this, un-manly guy...
As Deezus points out, it’s a common sight everywhere on the west coast, for all but the, um, how should I put this, macho-man types who’re insecure about their masculinity...

Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 PM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
Quote:
......... Pretty sure even Clint Eastwood has been known to wear sandals ..... in a movie ...
The Good, The Bad and The Birkinstocks.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 AM

7 posts, read 13,177 times
Thumbs down Unmanly men.

If by unmanly you mean? They do not hunt, fish, fart in public, wear plaid shirts not gang style? What are the criteria? I was raised by WWII parents. I know how to hunt, fish, fart in public. But apparently many of the younger generation have never attained anything other than an affected disdain. Case in point. On Discovery Channel is their new social meltdown reality show, 'The Colony', in which a group of everyday demographs attempt to rebuild.
If you haven't seen this fiasco, check it out, it worth a laugh. They reinforce my sincere believe that some poor souls just need to get out of the gene pool.
Oh, do not get me wrong, I won't mince words. Girly men abound. The only leader is the ALPHA female, ha! ha! She is a logger in real time supposedly. No leader, everything by committee, results in ineffectual response and they get jacked!
I generally do not watch television, but I had to see what crap-o-la discovery was feeding the masses. And I saw many holes in their survival attempt. Girly men.
As far as Stumptown is concerned I know my ancestors would be disappointed. Sissies.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 AM

Will flip flops make my penis fall off?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 AM

Oh crap now I'm having a gender crisis, Mercury tell Venus I'll be late for our circle jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland