U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 01:33 PM

21 posts, read 53,898 times

Advertisements

Ok so the girls i've meet since i've moved to Portland i swear are just either liars, or love to talk out their asses. But there are a hand full that are cool and i talk to on a regular basis that i can actually consider a friend but the ones that i would pursue a relationship with are just full of it. I'm young(24) black educated male, own my own car, own home, 2 kids, and i am very financially stable. And i ALWAYS mention my two kids when i meet someone because i don't want them thinking i hid my kids because my kids always come first. I just don't get the women i've been meeting why they feel the need to say we can hangout or whatever then come up with some lame excuse not to. Anybody else ran into this problem like me?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 PM

9,859 posts, read 11,250,762 times
I'm curious as to what a 'black education' consists of. I think I am on safe ground saying that I don't think your problem is specific to Portland. Did you not get any of this wherever you lived before?

H

Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM

640 posts, read 1,533,703 times
It's a possibility that Portland women don't really care how financially stable you are as compared with women from other places (I'm just guessing). Maybe you should talk to them about books and music and travel next time. It might work....you never know.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM

504 posts, read 1,388,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm curious as to what a 'black education' consists of. I think I am on safe ground saying that I don't think your problem is specific to Portland. Did you not get any of this wherever you lived before?

H
Re-read his post. He didn't say 'black education'. He said he's a young educated black man.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:57 AM

9,859 posts, read 11,250,762 times
I know, I was just having some dead-pan fun. Emoticons just kill the joke IMO.

H

Old 08-28-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I know, I was just having some dead-pan fun. Emoticons just kill the joke IMO.

H
nice try MAYBE next time it'll work. lol

Old 08-28-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseinrain View Post
It's a possibility that Portland women don't really care how financially stable you are as compared with women from other places (I'm just guessing). Maybe you should talk to them about books and music and travel next time. It might work....you never know.
I usually just be me and it works but when we get to the point where we could go out i get the run around or something. There are some nice women out there for me i just haven't found her yet. And i NEVER mention how i'm financially stable, i don't say anything until they ask what i do for a living or how do i pay my bills.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 AM

333 posts, read 776,435 times
Pendemic, from reading your post I think the key is that the women you choose to pursue romantically are no good for you and the women you consider only friends are actually the good ones. So I'd advise reevaluating those friends as romantic partners instead. This complaint usually comes from women - they are attracted to the bad boys and put the nice guys on the sideline, but it's not surprising that it could happen the other way around too.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM

640 posts, read 1,533,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendemic09 View Post
I usually just be me and it works but when we get to the point where we could go out i get the run around or something. There are some nice women out there for me i just haven't found her yet. And i NEVER mention how i'm financially stable, i don't say anything until they ask what i do for a living or how do i pay my bills.
So, how long do you wait to decide if you want to ask them out? If you wait too long, you are already in the 'friend zone'.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 AM

46 posts, read 61,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendemic09 View Post
Ok so the girls i've meet since i've moved to Portland i swear are just either liars, or love to talk out their asses. But there are a hand full that are cool and i talk to on a regular basis that i can actually consider a friend but the ones that i would pursue a relationship with are just full of it. I'm young(24) black educated male, own my own car, own home, 2 kids, and i am very financially stable. And i ALWAYS mention my two kids when i meet someone because i don't want them thinking i hid my kids because my kids always come first. I just don't get the women i've been meeting why they feel the need to say we can hangout or whatever then come up with some lame excuse not to. Anybody else ran into this problem like me?

Wow 24 with 2 kids? That SUCKS! I'm 22 with NO kids, and couldn't imagine wasting my life on them. Maybe you should be concerned about your children and not so much dating (that is what parents are supposed to do).

Just like millions of single mothers out there, you're in the same boat. Most men prefer women without kids, and vise versa. Not many want the little snotty nosed step child responsibility.

Maybe you should hook back up "wit yo baba momma" ;-) or momma's lol. (prob correct)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland