Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 02:21 AM

23 posts, read 35,267 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Seems like the first video I posted received a good reception on here. I just uploaded this one onto YouTube, and it showcases all 5 freeways feeding into, out of, and around the downtown area. Hope everyone enjoys it!

YouTube - Downtown Portland, Oregon, Freeway Tour

-Brent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Portland's Freeways look horrible , and bumpy.....although i did like the double decker Arch bridge reminded me of Japan.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM

639 posts, read 1,599,159 times
Bravo! Bravo! I love the freeways in Oregon, I nice change from what I see here in California. They're so green and clean - even near the major city.

Out of curiosity; how long does that whole drive take?

Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM

@aroseinrain: The whole drive, as in to drive the downtown loop, or from the Bay Area to Portland? To drive all of those freeways, took about 30 minutes of total filming time, 'cause of the need to exit off the freeway, deal with traffic lights, some minor traffic congestion, etc. But if you meant from the Bay Area to Portland...well, from Redwood City, I could do it in 10, but with a good stop for lunch or dinner, it's really about 11 hours.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 8,180,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreewayBrent View Post
Hi Everyone,

Seems like the first video I posted received a good reception on here. I just uploaded this one onto YouTube, and it showcases all 5 freeways feeding into, out of, and around the downtown area. Hope everyone enjoys it!

-Brent
I really like these.

If you ever get to the Pendleton area, you should do the famous Emigrant Hill (aka Cabbage Hill) on I-84, both the up and down lanes since they diverge.

cabbage hill oregon map - Google Maps

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/MCT/docs/EmigrantHill.pdf

Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM

To Karlsch: I *really* wanted to get out to Emigrant Hill there, but I was starting to run over budget for my 8 day excursion around the Pacific Northwest. That is truly one of the great stretches of interstate in the western U.S. I was, however, able to record all of I-84 thru the Columbia River Gorge (out to Exit 87 in The Dalles), although I aimed the camcorder a bit higher than I wanted, and didn't catch the "mistake" until it was too late. :-X

I'll eventually have videos up, covering all of I-5, I-205, US 26 and OR 217 in the region (I-405 in both directions, as well as I-84 along the Banfield Expwy have already been uploaded). Rather than spamming this forum, however, I'll just put up all the links in one new thread on here. A couple of people recommended that I start posting my videos on here, since there are a lot of folks who are interested in the fabric of cities, so I think the videos are on-topic.

Thanks, everyone!

-Brent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland