Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 6,142 times

Advertisements

The subject says it all: I've been here for just over a month now and am having the most frustrating time trying to lock down a stable living situation. I'm currently crashing with various friends, which has gotten old really fast.

I've tried the CL route looking for house shares but the problem I'm running into is no one wants to live with a dog that's not their own. I've tried experiments of leaving him out of my response which I then get a response back. It's very odd. I'm also now considering looking for studios or 1-bedrooms but not seeing much on Craigslist. I figure there has to be a better resource out there, right? Where I just moved from there were companies that have a database of apartments and houses and the like and they take you to properties in your price range and get a commission. I've not been able to find a similar service in Portland, is there?

Any steering in the right direction would be much appreciated. I'm employed and have never been so eager to pay rent before.

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM

600 posts, read 1,468,669 times
Here are a few sites other than CL that I have used before:

Mainlander Property Management
Performance Properties, Inc.
Portland, OR Property Management by L. Moore | Home

They dont list any shared housing but they do have studios/1 BR listings all over PDX. Good luck

Old 10-12-2010, 03:13 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,565,114 times
You might print out a bunch of 3x5 cards that describes your need then stop by veterinary clinics in the general area you want to live in. Ask the vet's office if you can put a couple on their bb. Be sure to mention whether or not your dog is good with other dogs and cats if you mention your interest in shared housing.

Veternary clients are pet people.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:21 AM

4 posts, read 6,142 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I contacted on one of the houses I found via the links but it was already snatched up. The quest goes on!

I'm open to any other suggestions and referrals to!

thanks so much!

Old 10-15-2010, 11:21 PM

36 posts, read 95,779 times
Try Google-ing PadMapper.
It's been my best friend for Studios/1 BRs in Portland. (:
You can add Walk Score overlays, change min/max price and whatever else you need.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:16 AM

10 posts, read 19,894 times
I have PM'd you dance

Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 PM

34 posts, read 87,937 times
Korrynnn,

Great site thanks for the info. I like the walk score.

Mike

Old 10-16-2010, 01:59 PM

36 posts, read 95,779 times
(: No problem.

Walk-Score is the whole reason I use it.
I'm trying to live without a car up there. :P

Old 10-18-2010, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Default pet friendly rental

Current tenant suggested this as we are looking to rent small house in Burlingame, close in Pdx neighborhood. We are out of town landlords House is 1 bed, plus den. full basement with washer/dryer and detached garage. good transit and frwy location. rent $900 mo. pet friendly to good pets.. [EMAIL="klsayles@gmail.com"]klsayles@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if interested

Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 PM

12 posts, read 34,826 times
Here is a link that might be helpful.

Housing Connections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: