Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:43 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times

Advertisements

Death Penalty

But as a terrorist that is no so easily done because of rules put in place by liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 01:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has not been tried yet; I don't know where some of you people get your "information."

Old 08-09-2013, 02:04 PM

They make it up or take a guess because they have not done their research, and their understanding is incorrect. But that is life . Even on this forum, we are all human. Well most of us anyway.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:17 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
............ Do you really think they will put him to death? And if they do not, do you really think Mohamud deserves the same sentence as someone who has caused so much death and destruction?...........
Neither one of them should ever be allowed out on the streets again. I don't care whether it is life without parole or death sentence, but I personally feel it is more humane to put them to sleep than to lock them in a box for the rest of their lives, mixed in with a bunch of criminal types who aren't going to have favorable feelings towards them.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM

I feel nothing humane towards them. As to forgiveness they will have to get that from their victims and God.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
They make it up or take a guess because they have not done their research, and their understanding is incorrect. But that is life . Even on this forum, we are all human. Well most of us anyway.
I wouldn't have said Tsarnaev was tried, in open forum, if I didn't think he had been. There has certainly been more movement in his case than Mohamud's and in a shorter amount of time. In any case, your understanding is also flawed. You don't understand that there are no "victims" to forgive Mohamud. He hurt no one. Only the sensibilities of righteous types. A penal system that could lock him away for life is no better than some Third World hellhole. They worked on him for two years, he was that reluctant a participant. Then when they finally get him to push the button they crow about it like they accomplished cold fusion. I thought we were better than that.

H

Old 08-09-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I wouldn't have said Tsarnaev was tried, in open forum, if I didn't think he had been. ... ...
Why would you think he had been. He hasn't. Like I said... Do your research before commenting, don't guess or take a shot at what you suppose are the facts.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 PM

Steve, you completely, utterly, absolutely lack a sense of irony...

Old 08-10-2013, 12:55 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
I know there are a lot of people who think there was over-reaction to this, but I don't think any of us knows the full facts and situation. And his own father apparently knew enough to feel the fear and turn him in (so to speak).

Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Only days before the scheduled Sept. 6. sentencing hearing, the prosecution has asked for yet another delay. It has been granted. The new date is Christmas. Somehow I see another delay coming when the reality of convening a hearing on Christmas Day proves... unreal. I'm sorry. Whatever credibility PHS may have had surrounding this in anyones mind, it should now be evaporating in a cloud of suspicion as to what their actual agenda was, or is. As for his father 'feeling the fear'. What his father felt was the kids anger at being ripped from his friends, his turf, his identity. That would and does unhinge many teenagers and their parents don't turn them in to Homeland Security. But... lets say they did... was it Homeland Security's job to radicalize a kid that was merely troubled and angry? Was that what his father asked them to do? Or did he ask them for help.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland