Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy are, maybe in the Hillsdale community. There's a bus that could take you to the Beaverton Transit station. You could disembark from MAX at either 12th Street or the Tuality Hospital stop and bike to Intel from there.

It'd be a shorter commute to OHSU (off Terwiliger), although it still doesn't solve the parking issue. But I believe there used to be a bus that you could transfer to for OHSU. (I'd check into that ~ many busses have been cancelled or cut back in schedule.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 11:27 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,563,356 times
There is an express that goes to the Hill (and has a stop in Hillsdale), but it's only at rush hours, so kind of limited service.

The commute out to intel via TriMet, would be pretty long (via Hwy 10 and then Max).

If OP have the money and want to live in the City, Goose Hollow is a great option.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Ah, but they need a fenced yard for a large dog and appear to be intending to rent. There is exactly one house in urban (vs suburban) near Forest Park NW that I know of that would meet their needs - need I say it is rarely available.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:02 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,563,356 times
True, sorry, sometimes I get the moving threads mixed up.
my bad.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM

I've noticed a van frequently parked along NW Westover, "Run" and a large dog is painted on the side. There are dog walkers who ply the neighborhood. I have seen a dog daycare facility in the neighborhood too. Working couples in NW do have dogs but happy pets require thoughtful care, you don't just put them in a fenced back yard when you are gone.

Been there, done that.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:56 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
There is the Tri Met Bus #8 that goes up Terwilliger past OHSU. Years back it circled up into the hill, so I assume it still does. And the weekday schedule looks frequent ~ didn't think to check out the weekends.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:35 PM

4 posts, read 16,602 times
I am heading out this weekend. I will try to remember to post an update here with the conclusion of my search.

Cheers!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel-ohsu View Post
I am heading out this weekend. I will try to remember to post an update here with the conclusion of my search.

Cheers!
Any word on how things went? I happen to be in the exact same boat (like the guy on the last page). Moving up for an Intel job, good chance that my wife will wind up at OHSU, need a rental house with a yard for my big dog (85 lb Malamute; very well mannered) and two (indoor) cats.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 AM

Does Intel have an internal BB? Sometimes you can find rentals using that type of forum. Ask your HR Representative.

OHSU isn't the only facility in town, and their research staff aren't all located up on 'pill hill'. Don't let an anticipated commute drive your home decision... just don't choose anything too far away from the major hospitals (Kaiser has one under construction around Hillsboro).

Old 12-04-2011, 10:00 AM

4 posts, read 16,602 times
Default intel - ohsu conclusion

Here's the conclusion to: splitting the commute between Intel Ronler Acres and OHSU pill hill, having 2 big dogs, and wanting to live in Portland. We found a house with a small yard in the Alberta district in the NE. Bus #8 takes my wife directly to OHSU, 40-45 min door to door and I drive 25 min TO 40-60 min FROM Intel every day. I can bike to the max and take it to Hillsboro, but it takes almost 1.5 hours door to door. We love the neighborhood, which is currently being gentrified, so there is still a lot of diversity. Finding a rental in July was very tough. I had 10 houses lined up for viewing, and we got the one that we did by the skin of our teeth. The situation might not be as bad if you don't have a dog, but for every rental property I applied there were 10 or more bids in the running. I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland