Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,885 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any apartments that allow over 2 pets?

I'd much rather rent a house, but having problems finding any that is within our budget (under 1k/month). We like the SW area, but willing to try somewhere else if we have too.

We have 2 cats and 2 dogs. Heaviest dog is under 45lbs. She's a Shiba Inu mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 AM

17 posts, read 46,106 times
I live in SW Portland in a community called the Frank Estate but they only allow 2 pets total. Luckily they do not have a size limit on dogs as I have a Newfoundland mix! They do have breed restrictions but Shiba Inu isn't one of them. You can find apts. there for under a grand but they are the smaller units.

I do know that there are other complexes in the SW are that are cheaper but not sure about more than 2 pets. With 4 pets, a house would possibly be a better bet although some houses require larger security deposits than apt. complexes which seem to be offering a lot of deals right now.

Good luck and welcome to SW Portland!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,885 times
Thanks! We'll officially be there in February.

I'd love to find a house! I'll keep checking craigslist and internet surfing.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 PM

20 posts, read 53,614 times
Did you ever find more info for pet friendly houses or apartments? We have 2 beagles and 3 cats and looking for a short term rental place (1-6 months) starting the end of summer.

I don't know if we'll be able to find a place for all the pets in the menagerie, luckily we can leave the cats with family in Illinois until we find a house we want to actually buy in the area.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:22 PM

20 posts, read 53,614 times
Default finally found a rental with pets!

Finally found a place to live in the SW area with our 2 beagles and 3 cats. We are going to be renting a house that is privately managed by an owner with only a couple properties in the area and had to pay extra security deposit for the animals. It was pretty funny, cause I'm always scared about the cats messing up a house, but he was more concerned with our two couch-potato beagles.

I did talk to my vet and ask if they were willing to give a reference if needed, so that might help you out when you are talking to landlords. It also helped to assure the landlord we are responsible people because we are both relocating to new jobs, coming from owning a house, and have good credit. We had more flexibility than your budget, but you still might be able to find a privately owned duplex or something like that for around $1000 in this area- just comes down to what's available at the time.

Mind you, we were ONLY able to find 3 rentals that would allow all our pets (even though we also looked at complexes that would just take 2, which is the norm for big management companies in the area). Once we got out there to see the places, we realized that one duplex was in a crummy area, and another we didn't even get to see because the management couldn't get the key to the condo (even though we had set up an appointment a week in advance- not happy with them). Anyway, we were very lucky that the third worked perfectly!

Best of luck in your home search!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland