Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 PM

780 posts, read 1,576,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post
Didn't we go over this last month? about the doughnuts?

Do we really need to homogenize every regional chain in America into everywhere else? Do we need every major city to have the exact same mediocre fast food experience?

We have Burgerville and a number of good doughnut places (Voodoo, Acme, and Sesame among the many). What is wrong with that?

P.S. In 'n Out is a just a poor man's Dick's!!!
IDK - I know I talked about the donut thing about a month ago. With moving, I kind of have a bit of short-term memory loss...lol

Personally, I'll take a great local donut shop, as long as they figure out what the heck a creamstick is. Voodoo is okay, but I'm not into their schtick. Never heard of Acme & Sesame - where are they?

And FWIW, not all of us have the sophisticated palate you apparently have - lots of us enjoy some of those chains, such as Chick-Fil-A in my case. I guess I'm just a redneck foodie.

I must admit I wasn't overly impressed w/Burgerville, but I did only have it once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 AM

90 posts, read 150,629 times
Yep, Sesame Donuts is great.
Sesame Donuts - THE BEST DONUTS IN OREGON

Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
The best burger joint in Portland is Little Big Burger. The buns are more than just bread. The fries are Yukon Gold (best tasting potato in the world) and deep fied in truffle oil!!

Little Big Burger - Pearl District - Portland, OR

Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
I think we need the following 2 new places, as much as I love what we already have..

1. In-n-out Burger (seems like such great fit here)
2. Dunkin Donuts (those would be great!)
3. Self serve gasoline.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Dunkin' Donuts and Chick-fil-a both have been and died.

Burgerville countermands the need for any "east coast" chain burgers.
Dunkin Donuts is making a comeback here in Pittsburgh. Not sure if anywhere else though.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:45 AM

638 posts, read 1,178,307 times
Ok, Burgerville shakes look amazing....might have to go there today!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 AM

50 posts, read 102,664 times
Chick-Fil-A's has a long history of supporting anti-gay causes, not to mention the food sucks. I ate it once on the fly and had to throw it away it was so bad. Just like most fast food joints, they are horrible for the environment and I love that Portland isn't full of them! One of many reasons I am leaving N.E. Ohio.

Investigation: Chick-Fil-A's Long History Of Support for Anti-Gay Causes | Equality Matters

Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM

334 posts, read 486,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Dunkin Donuts is making a comeback here in Pittsburgh. Not sure if anywhere else though.
I wasn't big DD fan, until I lived in PA for a bit. They are wonderful. The donuts delicious, as is the coffee. Also love their breakfast and lunch. Just a great option for those who want to go somewhere good, fast and affordable, and fun.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejo44 View Post
Chick-Fil-A's has a long history of supporting anti-gay causes, not to mention the food sucks. I ate it once on the fly and had to throw it away it was so bad. Just like most fast food joints, they are horrible for the environment and I love that Portland isn't full of them! One of many reasons I am leaving N.E. Ohio.

Investigation: Chick-Fil-A's Long History Of Support for Anti-Gay Causes | Equality Matters
They are a christian company.

I think some CF suck, but some are great. When they are making an effort, it is good. But it depends on the workers. I have had both.

edit, actually probably depends on management there.

Last edited by hose111; 07-14-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 AM

To be honest, I just want in-n-out burger. I think I was over-stretching it when I made this thread. It was inspired by in-n-out burger. Why Texas gets them before we do? It is west coast company (kind of like Trader joe's)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland