Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:18 PM

10 posts, read 15,810 times

Advertisements

I'm getting ready to send out waiting list applications for a couple income restricted housing complexes in Pearl and they require LIHTC forms. I cannot find this LIHTC application for anything. I'm from the other side of the country in WV and have never had to jump through these hoops. I've scoured HAP's website and can't track it down. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,601,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smells Like Poor View Post
I'm getting ready to send out waiting list applications for a couple income restricted housing complexes in Pearl and they require LIHTC forms. I cannot find this LIHTC application for anything. I'm from the other side of the country in WV and have never had to jump through these hoops. I've scoured HAP's website and can't track it down. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks!
I've found a website known as "www.google.com" that not many people know about that helps with this. All you do is type in your search and you get a bunch of websites that help you find what you're looking for. It's really neat!

Here's what I found:
Oregon Housing and Community Services LIHTC Compliance Manual

Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 PM

10,987 posts, read 20,452,750 times
Income restricted buildings in the core area vary in their floor plan attractiveness IMHO. The units in the building at 9th 7 Lovejoy (a 55+ & disabled building) have really small living area and next to nothing for dining - although they do have free wi-fi, the managers do a great job; the buildings to the east of Union Station I have heard are noisy. There is a building on St. Clair and Burnside, a resident once told me it is a great place to live.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
I've found a website known as "www.google.com" that not many people know about that helps with this. All you do is type in your search and you get a bunch of websites that help you find what you're looking for. It's really neat!

Here's what I found:
Oregon Housing and Community Services LIHTC Compliance Manual
Google? Never heard of it... Thanks, but I have already gone over the Housing and Community Services website. I have no idea what is what. The one tenant form requires your move in date, which is impossible to know if you're on a waiting list. That couldn't possibly be what is required.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Income restricted buildings in the core area vary in their floor plan attractiveness IMHO. The units in the building at 9th 7 Lovejoy (a 55+ & disabled building) have really small living area and next to nothing for dining - although they do have free wi-fi, the managers do a great job; the buildings to the east of Union Station I have heard are noisy. There is a building on St. Clair and Burnside, a resident once told me it is a great place to live.
I'm definitely being very picky because of what you've mentioned. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I should go all or nothing on Sitka. It is the only place I've found where the majority of people had favorable experiences.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:34 AM

141 posts, read 398,793 times
In your experience, do most income controlled apts have a waiting list?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Almost all of them have waiting lists. The only places I've found that don't are either 55+ or have very poor reviews.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Sorry about my sarcasm earlier--I couldn't resist!

My father in law moved into one here in Portland from TN. It was over 6 months on the waiting list before he was able to get in. It's a small studio, but the rent is cheaper than dirt.

I think he didn't fill in the move-in date and it was understood that there was no way for him to know because of the waiting list.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 PM

I suppose I'll just fill out everything except for that. I assume the housing complexes will contact me if something is wrong?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 PM

I think it would be better if you followed up with them. There's enough demand that they may weed out people if they find anything irregular with their application.

Periodically contact them to find out where you are on the waiting list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland