Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:39 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times

Advertisements

Thank you.

I lived by that church for almost thirty years and never knew much about it.

I was an acquaintance of an older guy named "Ray" who I would always see doing maintainence around the property.
(As far as I know, he still is)
Years ago, he drove an old blue pickup and recycled cardboard for spending money.
Nowadays he either rides a bike or rides a motorized scooter.
Tough old coot.
He must be in his late 80s or 90s now, if he is still alive.

I never knew him that well, and we never really talked about the church though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 210 times
The Apostolic Faith Church is not a cult, they are a Pentecostal church, and they strive to live a very strict and fundamental life stile, and they are very devoted to their faith, which is more restrictive then most detonations, I my self have a less restrictive faith, but they have been around since 1906, my Great Aunt and her husband became members in the 1930s, and they dated for over 30 years because they needed to wait for her first husband to pass away to get married, and they did not watch TV or go to movies, he was very ridged, but she was one of the kindest, and most loving people I ever knew. I listen to their Sunday service on Sunday mornings on KPDQ, and enjoy it and benefit from it, and I have been corresponding with their Pastor, and he has never been anything but kind and loving to me, and he knows that I am with a non-denominational Church, but he has never judged me, and he has never acted Holier than thou with me, nor has he ever attempted to devalue my faith. I know that many alcoholics, drug addicts, and others with broken lives, have been excepted in to the Church, and have found a life of freedom, usefulness, love and joy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: