Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 05:28 PM

90 posts, read 141,201 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any familiarity on this area? When my Wife and I visited in July we drove through this area after visiting downtown LO and really liked it. we weren't able to get a solid feel as we only drove around and didn't really get to explore a ton or check out the huge rec center they have.

has anyone lived here before? if so what is your opinion? it seems close to the 5 and 217 for commuting, and since I'm in IT ill probably be commuting to Beaverton so that doesn't seem like too bad of a commute. Also the apartments in this area seem pretty good, and the prices are reasonable.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 06:09 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,411,436 times
I-5 to 217 is the second worst commute road in the Portland area. In my opinion, unless you need a million dollar or more home, Beaverton and Hillsboro have everything LO does, more of it, and more conveniently.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM

62 posts, read 121,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullenium View Post
Does anyone have any familiarity on this area? When my Wife and I visited in July we drove through this area after visiting downtown LO and really liked it. we weren't able to get a solid feel as we only drove around and didn't really get to explore a ton or check out the huge rec center they have.

has anyone lived here before? if so what is your opinion? it seems close to the 5 and 217 for commuting, and since I'm in IT ill probably be commuting to Beaverton so that doesn't seem like too bad of a commute. Also the apartments in this area seem pretty good, and the prices are reasonable.

Thanks everyone!
Lived in LO for over 5 yrs... the commute is not bad at all Just use side roads. There were tons of options for me; and I rarely got on 5 or 217. If you commute to Beaverton you can always take WES and MAX. I used WES/MAX to commute to downtown PDX with no problems for the last few months (Jan - June) before I moved out of state for work. I only commuted that way because my employer at the time paid for a monthly pass. I was not in Mountain park, but in Lake Grove by the swim park.

I can tell you LO has the best stuff ! The parks are great and the library is an absolute gem. In addition the parks department has some great adult leagues too.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:52 AM

600 posts, read 1,466,251 times
That commute won't be bad if you're working in Beaverton. I grew up in LO and that area is really close to both freeways so hopping over to Beaverton or even Downtown isn't terrible. You're not close to the MAX line or anything though. It's a safe, quiet, family community with lots of parks, farmers markets and shops/restaurants that are all in the very walkable part of downtown LO

Old 09-23-2011, 01:04 PM

29 posts, read 80,506 times
I lived in Mt Park for 3yrs. Nicely maintained community, partly due to CC&R's that require it. Not a good place if you want to personalize the exterior of your home, park an RV in your driveway, or own more than 1 small dog. I was also surprised at how isolated I felt from Portland; I had never lived in a suburb before.

I was going through a transitional period of my life, and thought I wanted that sort of life, but I turned into someone else. Your result may vary. ;D

Old 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM

Reviving this thread.

I think were going back to our original train of thought when we were kicking around the relocation idea last year..

The Mountain Park area to us still looks good.. Although not very walkable, it seems quiet, family friendly, free Mt. Park Rec Center passes and the forest like setting in the hills (although i worry about ice on those roads come winter)

Anyone else care to shed some light on this area?

we'd be renting an apartment in one of the adjacent complexes around the rec center area

Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,512,261 times
Nothing wrong with it at all. Verify with the landlord that you can use the rec. center.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Nothing wrong with it at all. Verify with the landlord that you can use the rec. center.

Yeah most of the apartments in that area provide free memberships.. I guess typically its around 75 a month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland