Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:08 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times

Advertisements

Rivermark has what they call a Market Agreement. That means that they have partner CU's in other states when a member can use the ATM's without fees or do simple transactions out of state. I bet other CU's in Portland have this too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 12:54 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
We love 1st Tech. We've been with them for quite a long time (going on 9 years, I think...) and have been very happy. No probs. We're in Eugene, OR - Lane County. You don't have to live in Washington County to open up an account with 1st Tech.

We also used Rivermark many years ago for a car loan and had a very positive experience with them.

Most CU's are part of a larger network where you can bank free at affiliated credit unions at no cost. We went to Hawaii and used a local credit union in Hawaii that was affiliated with 1st tech. No probs.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
I am soo happy I found this credit union 2 years ago. They recently switched their name to Consolidated Community Credit Union ([URL]https://www.consolidatedccu.com/[/URL]). The people here are very friendly and call me by name when I walk in. They utilize a system called shared branching (which I assume is common for alot of credit unions) so I can also go to another credit union to make a deposit or to make a loan payment or withdrawal, I still prefer going to the branch though.

However I have also used Unitus Credit Union ([URL]https://www.unitusccu.com/[/URL]) and love this credit union also

You should consider checking out these 2 alternatives they are both absolutely wonderful credit unions.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,562,523 times
I'll second Rivermark, we've been with them a few months and have been very impressed. Their interest returns are great. Only downside is the only full branch they have in Portland is the Hawthorne branch, which is usually pretty busy (and not that close to us, or you in the West Hills). You can use a bunch of other ATM's. Most located in 7-Elevens, yeah, I thought that was weird?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post
I'll second Rivermark, we've been with them a few months and have been very impressed. Their interest returns are great. Only downside is the only full branch they have in Portland is the Hawthorne branch, which is usually pretty busy (and not that close to us, or you in the West Hills). You can use a bunch of other ATM's. Most located in 7-Elevens, yeah, I thought that was weird?
7-Elevens? I didn't know that. I am a block and a half away from the Hawthorne branch. They are always busy but the lines go pretty fast.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,209 times
Still have an account with FMCU. I can seem to give them up. Great staff known them all for 30 years. Fred Meyer Credit Union - Did You Know... We're Everywhere

Old 12-19-2020, 07:33 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,062,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
First Tech, but you have to be a resident of Washington County.

A full list of Credit Unions based in Portland, Oregon is here: Portland, Oregon Credit Unions

It looks like a lot of them are specialized though, so I'm not sure how much use this list will be of use to you.
Not sure what they're eligibility requirements were like back in 2012 but now anyone whos a member of the Financial Fitness Assocation or Computer History Museum can join First Tech! First Tech even pays for you to join and you don't need to do anything, just select it during the application. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and joined First Tech here in Minnesota online and use it as my primary checking & savings so literally anyone in the USA is eligible to join First Tech.

https://www.firsttechfed.com/discover/become-a-member

-Belong to the Computer History Museum or the Financial Fitness Association*

*To become a member of the Computer History Museum or join the Financial Fitness Association, stop by a location or join within our online application.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:09 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
First Tech was founded by Tektronix employees and was one of the first (maybe THE first) to offer online banking. I signed up my kids when they were in high school/college and they are still members. They are a great credit union. For my part, I am about to cut the cord as we no longer have the need.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:51 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,062,282 times
Yeah First Tech has always been very technology forward throughout their history. I much prefer them to any of the local credit unions we have here in Minnesota, and with shared branching (which pretty much the only time I need is when I have to withdraw more money then an ATM will allow me in a single day, which is hardly ever) and the ATM fee rebates I get on my checking, I have no reason to leave them. Gone are the days when you need to visit a bank/credit union branch for mundane basic transactions like depositing a check.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:45 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,023,616 times
I've been happy with Unitus (formerly Oregon Telco).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland