Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM

192 posts, read 454,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETabor View Post
Bulbs start to poke through? My daffodils and crocii are in full bloom and the hyacinth aren't far behind.
We're at 600 ft elevation, if that makes any difference, and have limited direct sunlight. I am new to gardening with bulbs. I planted daffodils and tulips for the first time last fall; the shoots are all about 4-6 inches high right now. There are blooming daffodils in the neighborhood that have gone though a few seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
I love those beautiful white or pink blossoms on the trees. When all are in bloom, I can look down my street and see lots and lots of pink or white blossoms on either side and it makes a really pretty picture.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 AM

38 posts, read 55,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
What AC? I've lived in the Portland area all my life, but have never lived in a house or apartment with AC.
From Oregonlive from 2009

"The third day of a record-breaking, broiling heat wave in the Pacific Northwest will continue at least through today, as temperatures again are forecast to break the century mark. Portland just missed tying its hottest day ever by 1 degree Wednesday, as the temperature hit 106 degrees at 5 p.m. at Portland International Airport.
The all-time record of 107 degrees was set July 30, 1965, and tied twice in 1981, on Aug. 8 and Aug. 10. Wednesday's high in Portland broke the 100-degree record for the day, set in 2003.
The forecast high for Portland today is 102 degrees, which would tie the heat wave as the second-longest consecutive streak of 100-plus days since 1941.
The Pacific Northwest wasn't just hotter than the East Coast (where temperatures were in the 70s and 80s Wednesday). It was hotter here than in Pecos, Texas (104); Panjour, Afghanistan (104); and Abu Khal, Syria (102)."

Yet another example of the absolute, complete, utter, insane disregard for reality in Portland/Oregon.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 AM

38 posts, read 55,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
You sound like a real freakin' pansy...

Waaaaa...It's usuallly 75-80 degrees and no humidity in the summer in average on Portland--real harsh... Try the Central Valley of California if you want to see what a hot summer feels like.
Gay-bashing in Portland/Oregon.

What a surprise. Liberal my eye. Hicksters everywhere.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 AM

381 posts, read 1,015,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by for1500 View Post
Yet another example of the absolute, complete, utter, insane disregard for reality in Portland/Oregon.
Oh noes! one rare exception and it makes your point completely that Portland is somehow now a constant broiling hellhole in the summerz! Everyone, quick! Run out and buy an A/C unit! AAAAaaaaaaAaaaaahhhhh!!!!!11111OMGWTFBBQ!

Oh, wait. Reality? I can solve that for you: Reality dictates that aside from the rain in winter, there is no constant for the weather around here. You get a bit of everything.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by for1500 View Post
Gay-bashing in Portland/Oregon.

What a surprise. Liberal my eye. Hicksters everywhere.
What are you talking about? Pansies are flowers--I figured it'd go with the thread title and it was appropriate since you insist on playing the role of delicate flower/drama queen on here.

You're doing a decent job as a troll though---good work sticking with the script, although it's getting a little too obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland