Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 AM

17 posts, read 104,653 times

Advertisements

Howdy all, I'm looking to move to either Portland or Chicago sometime in the next couple months, and I was looking for some recommendations on some good gay-friendly locations in Portland, preferably close to downtown, but a MAX Rail would be good too.. one of those is a must.

Studios are fine, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just someplace safe, no rats or run down hunks of junk, at a decent price. (No more than $700/month, I'd prefer 550-600)

Thanks everyone,

-Erik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 AM

2,430 posts, read 6,630,046 times
Check out Nob Hill and the Alphabet District. It's very close to downtown, on the street car and there are tons of old apartment buildings/studios. Studios in that area will run $600-$700, sometimes cheaper.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM

1,008 posts, read 4,026,075 times
You should check in to Goose Hollow. You'll come across some hollow geese and all that you're seeking

Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 PM

178 posts, read 584,626 times
Any recommendations for where to find rental listings aside from Craigslist and Willamette Week online? The listings for apartments in the NW or SW areas near MAX downtown seem pretty skimpy...

Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argo69 View Post
Any recommendations for where to find rental listings aside from Craigslist and Willamette Week online? The listings for apartments in the NW or SW areas near MAX downtown seem pretty skimpy...
Try Oregon.com the experience starts here...

Old 09-25-2007, 10:13 PM

2,430 posts, read 6,630,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by argo69 View Post
Are you local or far away? Most of the buildings post signs so it's easy to drive around and get a lot of listings that way, or, contact some of the local property management companies because most (if not all) of the larger buildings are run by management companies. There are smaller units privately owned that are more likely to show up on Craigslist.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 AM

17 posts, read 104,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtintype View Post
Check out Nob Hill and the Alphabet District. It's very close to downtown, on the street car and there are tons of old apartment buildings/studios. Studios in that area will run $600-$700, sometimes cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova7
You should check in to Goose Hollow. You'll come across some hollow geese and all that you're seeking
Thank you both. I will start checking into those areas. Appreciate it very much

Old 09-27-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradik View Post
Thank you both. I will start checking into those areas. Appreciate it very much
You're quite welcome. Good luck in your transition

Old 09-27-2007, 06:27 PM

178 posts, read 584,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtintype View Post
Are you local or far away? Most of the buildings post signs so it's easy to drive around and get a lot of listings that way, or, contact some of the local property management companies because most (if not all) of the larger buildings are run by management companies. There are smaller units privately owned that are more likely to show up on Craigslist.
I'm in Seattle right now but considering a move if job opporunities pan out in PDX. I have bookmarked a number of the property management companies as they seem to usually manage multiple buildings which frequently have at least a vacancy or two each.

Thanks Supernova and oldtintype!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: