Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 AM

378 posts, read 974,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygrrEyzz View Post
WHOOHOOO!!! Sounds like there is a lot to choose from out there. We do fine in Des Moines but it's great to know that when we move to Portland we will have even more to choose from. A Cider Bar?? That's probably going to be my first favorite place....
Bushwhacker's is an amazing place. Not only do they brew their own ciders (which I don't love btw) but they have excellent selections from around the world available on draft and to go. It's a cidery/bottleshop. They also make cider cocktails like a cider manhattan (cherry cider/bourbon barrel cider) etc. You can also bring in your own food and have a drink or 7. I highly recommend a visit if you're a cider fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 03:41 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
It seem like there is more cider available then I knew about, but how much of it is brewed here in Oregon?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM

378 posts, read 974,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
It seem like there is more cider available then I knew about, but how much of it is brewed here in Oregon?
2 Towns - Corvallis
Bull Run Cider - Forest Grove
Bushwhacker - Portland
Blue Mountain Cider - Milton-Freewater
Carlton Ciderworks - McMinnville
E.Z. Orchards - Salem
Finnegan Cider - Lake Oswego
Reverand Nat's Hard Cider - Portland
Wandering Aengus/Anthem - Salem

Once a year they have the Cider Summit here - along with a fruit beer festival on another weekend. I highly recommend them both. And if you like fruit/sour beers - Cascade Brewing Barrel House in SE Portland on Belmont/12th. It is freaking awesome and they have some excellent high gravity sour/fruit beers. I suggest the Sang Noir http://cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com...u_07-05-12.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland