Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM

11 posts, read 25,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtintype View Post
I went out of my WAY to misguide someone? I gave my personal opinion!

And it's over my head now? Lovely--it's always nice when people slam others because they feel superior! You know nothing about what I do or what my background is. But in any case, I'm done with this. I had enough with the last troll.
So now anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a troll? LOL. Oh well I will leave you to your little delusional bubble you live in. I don't feel superior at all, I was simply stating that some people are a little better equipped to comment on the economy than yourself. But oh well, we can agree to disagree on this one (and Im sure alot more, lol)

Have a nice day!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:57 PM

2,430 posts, read 6,630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman View Post
So now anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a troll? LOL. Oh well I will leave you to your little delusional bubble you live in. I don't feel superior at all, I was simply stating that some people are a little better equipped to comment on the economy than yourself. But oh well, we can agree to disagree on this one (and Im sure alot more, lol)

Have a nice day!
No, only people who say insulting things for sport are trolls. Everyone has a different perspective. You might represent the academic viewpoint, others are here experiencing it. The whole discussion board format is great for allowing people to share their experiences, and everyone's is going to be different.

If you're as knowledgeable as you say, your facts should be able to represent themselves without resorting to negative tactics.

My original comment had very little to do with the Landlord Times article and more to do with the many posters on here (and previous threads) who move away and then return just to slam Portland. Take things with a grain of salt is relevant to just about everything said on this board because it's mainly full of people who don't live here for some reason. It was actually a smart ass reply but that was obviously lost on you in the first place.

Last edited by oldtintype; 10-08-2007 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-09-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
No, only people who say insulting things for sport are trolls. Everyone has a different perspective. You might represent the academic viewpoint, others are here experiencing it. The whole discussion board format is great for allowing people to share their experiences, and everyone's is going to be different.

If you're as knowledgeable as you say, your facts should be able to represent themselves without resorting to negative tactics.

My original comment had very little to do with the Landlord Times article and more to do with the many posters on here (and previous threads) who move away and then return just to slam Portland. Take things with a grain of salt is relevant to just about everything said on this board because it's mainly full of people who don't live here for some reason. It was actually a smart ass reply but that was obviously lost on you in the first place.

I would love for your to show me where I resorted to negative tactics? Please prove me wrong on anything I said in this or any previous post.

I give Portland its due when it comes to certain things it does well and has accomplished as a city. But you seem to not be in touch with reality and any sign of a differing opinion is viewed as an insult to you, when maybe it is you who needs to open up your eyes and especially mind to other sides of the argument.

As I mentioned I just recently moved away from Portland, and still have a home there, so I am not off base in anything I have said and I have personal interests still in the market so I am well within my so called "rights" to comment on the market.

Just a quick question? Since you are obviously planning on staying in Portland for the foreseeable future, does it not in the least bit concern you that there is no one showing any vision for the economic future of the city? It may not be personally affecting you now, but the economic health of the market you live in is of great importance to everyone.

Last edited by Waterlily; 10-09-2007 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: trolling-not nice comments

Old 10-09-2007, 09:35 AM

2,430 posts, read 6,630,575 times
No matter what I say, you're going to want the last word, so go for it. There's no point in continuing this. Have at it.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
No matter what I say, you're going to want the last word, so go for it. There's no point in continuing this. Have at it.
I commend you for knowing when to extract yourself from a discussion when you are out of your depth. Maybe we can eventually have a discussion/debate on this board on a topic in which we are both knowledgeable

Have a wonderful day!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:06 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,855,329 times
I am closing this thread. It's just an arguement and off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: