Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,248 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, hoping you can help me out looking for a pretty specific type of apartment. I'm from St. Petersburg, FL where any apartment search I do turns out tons of historic apartments from the 1920s with period elements and tons of charm. HW floors, period tile in the bathroom and kitchen, tall baseboards, clawfoot tubs, old sinks, etc. But I'm having a hard time finding places like this in Portland.

I've found two buildings, the Belmont (which has horrible ratings -_-) and the Westfal. I would prefer to live in a historic apartment (or even a house! but I have a limited budget) like these places. I was wondering if anyone knows of any names of apartment buildings similar to these with a rent under $1000 a month? Preferable as close to downtown as possible but I'm willing to commute downtown if I can find the perfect place.

Or any neighborhood suggestions where I could find apartments or houses like these would also be helpful. Just need some info to type in cragislist

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
You're probably going to want to look mostly at places in NW Portland - Nob Hill is a good search term. This is a property management company that has listings in that area. One building, The Amberley has some units available that sound like what you're looking for.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Agree with EnricoV. That firm specializes in vintage and/or ketch.

There are many more similar buildings in the area but they are usually owned by individuals where the units are rented by a sandwich board on the sidewalk. The best way to find those apartments is to walk the neighborhoods with a target rich environment. There are similar buildings in the neighborhoods arount that firm's properties, not just NW.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 7,248 times
Thanks both of you I'm planning a visit sometime soon so that's a great suggestion

Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,480 times
Default The Westfal

I would really look into the Westfal if you want a historic apartment. I lived there for almost two years and i loved it. The apartments have wood floors, claw foot tubs, and a ton of trim work. The building is kept very clean and a made a lot of friends while i lived there. You also cant beat the location and the fact that the street car is just outside your front door.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 AM

358 posts, read 470,901 times
I love the same kinds of places you do and I found tons of them by typing the words "hardwood floors" into the search bar when looking for places on craigslist. Worked for me. Goodluck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: