Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times

Advertisements

You will have plenty of time after the game to explore the Washington Park Rose Garden and even the Japanese Garden. I still recommend the bus because on a sunny Saturday they have a lot of visitors.

This may sound nuts but consider the Sunset Park & Ride, near St. Vincent Hospital. Take the MAX to the Stadium from there. The RT transit fare is far cheaper than parking.

If you use the Sunset Park & Ride, go Washington Park after the game, the bus continues on to the MAX station at the Zoo .. I think the next west bound stop is the Sunset Park & Ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Default Now For Something Completely Different

Okay this is not for everyone but if you are looking for something unusual and like history you may find this interesting.

Welcome to Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery

Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Okay this is not for everyone but if you are looking for something unusual and like history you may find this interesting.

Welcome to Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery
Their Halloween event is pretty fun. Unfortunately the site says they're not going to do it this year.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Their Halloween event is pretty fun. Unfortunately the site says they're not going to do it this year.
Oh that's a shame it is a lot of fun. But as long as the weather is nice, the cemetery is good for picture taking with the ineresting head stones and it's a nice place for a stroll.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times
I watched the game and went to Pittock Mansion. I also went to the coast. But I wanted to ask why does everything close so early in the downtown area? The mall closes at 7 or 6, a lot of fast food places and restaurants close at 8 pm. I didn't see any people after 8 pm on the streets on a Saturday night? This was right by Salmon Street and 2nd Avenue. Are there any other places where people go at night?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM

378 posts, read 974,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I watched the game and went to Pittock Mansion. I also went to the coast. But I wanted to ask why does everything close so early in the downtown area? The mall closes at 7 or 6, a lot of fast food places and restaurants close at 8 pm. I didn't see any people after 8 pm on the streets on a Saturday night? This was right by Salmon Street and 2nd Avenue. Are there any other places where people go at night?
Absolutely - you missed it by about 3 blocks to the North. Old town/Chinatown has a club/bar scene that stays open to ungodly hours. The Pearl 10 blocks to the NW is full of restaurants and bars that stay open late. NW21/23rd over by the stadium to the north have an extremely active bar/food scene. A short walk across one of the bridges to the east side has numerous spots for nightlife. But from downtown south is the financial/university district which is pretty quiet on weekend evenings (also coincidentally is why I live there).

Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
O.M.S.I. "The Grotto", the Zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland