Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,565,114 times

Advertisements

I suggest you visit professional societies in your field in each city, start to build a network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM
TD* TD* started this thread

1,695 posts, read 4,141,556 times
I booked my ticket and i will be out for a week during march, So i hope the weather is nice and I have a good time!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
I booked my ticket and i will be out for a week during march, So i hope the weather is nice and I have a good time!
Don't count on it.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Actually you would be better off if the weather is a bit more typical of March which would include a bit of rain and a bit of clouds and chilly. Because you may as well experience typical to see if you can live with it if you are planning to live here.

That way weather you may feel is nice will be a bonus when it arrives. People often make the mistake of taking a vacation in a place when they should be on a fact finding mission when seeking out a new place to live.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,652 times
Like today the weather is, b-e-a-utiful. right over Portland but everywhere else is total crap.

March was our rainiest month last year and most every year. It could be nice... or it could be total crap, but that will give you a taste of the real northwest. Hopefully, you don't get that utopia summer weather that lulls unsuspecting visitors to move here.

You have asked the same exact questions 5 people a week ask, it's not that we are unfriendly, it's just you could look on the first page and literally find 3 threads just like yours.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Like today the weather is, b-e-a-utiful. right over Portland but everywhere else is total crap.

March was our rainiest month last year and most every year. It could be nice... or it could be total crap, but that will give you a taste of the real northwest. Hopefully, you don't get that utopia summer weather that lulls unsuspecting visitors to move here.

You have asked the same exact questions 5 people a week ask, it's not that we are unfriendly, it's just you could look on the first page and literally find 3 threads just like yours.
Good response. It is very important to ask the correct questions when relocating. Not doing so can cause a lot of problems after the move. Perusing the questions and answers of others is always a good idea. You never know what someone else might have brought up that could pertain to you that you may not have thought of before.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Don't count on it.
Why does this site not have a "Rate this post negatively" link?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Don't count on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
Why does this site not have a "Rate this post negatively" link?
For what? Giving an honest answer? March is a typically wet, overcast and cloudy month. If the OP is looking to move to Portland it is better to experience typical Portland weather. If the OP is simply looking for a vacation, then I would recommend coming in July or August when the weather is typically sunny and beautiful.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:02 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,143,960 times
I'm beginning to think that some posters here are those people who have that little raincloud over their head all the time.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I'm beginning to think that some posters here are those people who have that little raincloud over their head all the time.
And why do you insist upon responding unless you live your life hoping to get into yet another argument? Readers are capable of making up their own minds about the worth of a poster's responses. They don't need you to try to point it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland