Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
The Army Corps of Engineers is its' own source. I think you would be well served by understanding what exactly the Corps is about. Maybe the word "Authority" is to big a word for you ?
Anyone can write a press release... I know, I work for the Feds myself for an certain agency that actually controls the dams at the end of the "Columbia Estuary"---and they could just have some underpaid contract employee googling the exact definition of Columbia Estuary at the last minute to write a report...

I really don't care, I just think it's funny that people get so upset about using Wikipedia as opposed to other secondary sources on the web. The page on Wikipedia basically just said the same thing as what you posted, so what does it really matter?

Last edited by Deezus; 03-14-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,449,584 times
Quote:
Why people insist on citing a "source" , Wikipedia, that can be edited by anyone who so chooses, is beyond me.
I could have just said what I said without any reference to Wikipedia whatsoever and my statement would have been justified by your link.

So what is the problem?
Is the question about the Willamette being an estuary such a critical issue that we need to involve NASA to settle it?

Or are you just spoiling the thread for the sake of an argument?

To answer the OP's question, I have tasted Willamette river water, though by accident, not on purpose. (I used to do A LOT of fishing and boating on the Willy).

It didn't taste good, but it wasn't brackish (and I didn't swallow).

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 03-14-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM

347 posts, read 669,284 times
Quote:
Maybe the word "Authority" is to big a word for you ?
It's a pet peeve of mine to have correct grammar when you're insulting someone's grasp of the English language. Too often than not people don't catch the irony.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,773,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post

It didn't taste good, but it wasn't brackish (and I didn't swallow).

That's what she said.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,310,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyled View Post
It's a pet peeve of mine to have correct grammar when you're insulting someone's grasp of the English language. Too often ( ,or more) than not ( , ) people don't catch the irony.
Or consider the possibility of a typo or sticky keyboard, rather poor than grammar, or perhaps, something like my corrections for you ?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Or consider the possibility of a typo or sticky keyboard, rather than poor grammar, or perhaps, something like my corrections for you ?
Sticky keyboard?

That's what she said.

Also, I corrected some of the incorrect grammar in your post...

Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,310,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Sticky keyboard?

That's what she said.

Also, I corrected the incorrect grammar in your post...
...rather than poor grammar ! We can do this all day, but I can not believe we are that bored !

Who claims to be a perfect typist ? I never will be, my fingers are much slower than my mind .

Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,449,584 times
Grammar?

I hardly even know 'ar!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
The Columbia River Estuary Ecosystem Classification | The Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership has some nice maps showing the Estuary extending all the way to Willamette Falls and even a short distance up the Clackamas River.
Those are some interesting and useful maps to this discussion. They provide a nice level of detail.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:44 PM

347 posts, read 669,284 times
Quote:
Or consider the possibility of a typo or sticky keyboard, rather poor than grammar, or perhaps, something like my corrections for you ?
Either way you insulted someone's comprehension of English while simultaneously making an English mistake of your own. If you're going to insult someone don't make a similar mistake yourself.

Also, since I wasn't insulting you, simply pointing out the irony of your insult, trying to throw my logic back at me doesn't make any sense. Besides, you didn't even correct my grammar correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland