Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times

Advertisements

Portland is hot if you have never been anywhere else in the country during the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Portland is hot if you have never been anywhere else in the country during the summer.
Ok.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 AM

686 posts, read 1,763,761 times
Portland is hot if you spent the past few months in Alaska.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:12 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,410,280 times
Portland is Hot if you go to the right strip club.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Ok.
Which you should know, being from Virginia it just gets hot and muggy there and August is miserable.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Portland is Hot if you go to the right strip club.
You got that right, Portland is the only city I will go to strip clubs in and it almost always leads to a fun night...of course the Acrop is the only place where he steaks are better than the girls...oh do I miss an Acrop steak.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,430,496 times
Quote:
of course the Acrop is the only place where he steaks are better than the girls...
Years ago, my cousin, who lives in Rhinebeck, New York, sent me a east coast magazine article about great places to eat in Portland and Seattle, and the focus was steakhouses.

The Acropolis was high on the list of recommendations. I guess the guy who owns it has his own ranch or something.

The funny thing about the article was that it made no mention of the "entertainment options" available there......

I always got a chuckle imagining what would happen if a grandma and grandpa visiting from back east decided to pop in there for a steak.........without realizing.....

Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,014,466 times
The summers of Oregon are incredible. People really take advantage of the warm whether and get out, but it only lasts for about 2 1/2 months however.

Unless your from some very dry, arid place...the humidity in Oregon is very average and doable.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,477,729 times
Portland will get hotter in most summers than where I grew up on the often foggy Northern California Coast would get in the summer naturally(or where I lived in the Sierra Nevada or Western Canada for the most part), but it's nothing compared to the Central Valley of California or even Southern Oregon when I lived in Ashland. When I first moved to Oregon in college, it was funny when people from the Northwest assumed that everywhere in California would be extremely hot in the summer, and I was like, no this is actually hotter weather up here...

Portland summers can be perfect when the weather hits that balmy upper 70s, low 80s and clear days weather. But it can be pretty hot in inland Oregon if you're use the very mild weather of the Pacific Coast for most of the year.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Years ago, my cousin, who lives in Rhinebeck, New York, sent me a east coast magazine article about great places to eat in Portland and Seattle, and the focus was steakhouses.

The Acropolis was high on the list of recommendations. I guess the guy who owns it has his own ranch or something.

The funny thing about the article was that it made no mention of the "entertainment options" available there......

I always got a chuckle imagining what would happen if a grandma and grandpa visiting from back east decided to pop in there for a steak.........without realizing.....
HAHAHA!! That is too funny, love to see random tourists walk in not realizing that it is a strip club. And yeah, the guy who owns it has a cattle ranch in eastern Oregon, so he gets his meat for real cheap and offers states for cheap that are just as good as any steak house in the city....though the bake potatoes are microwaved I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: