Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM

8 posts, read 61,014 times

Advertisements

Moving to the city in July, and looking for rentals. I've done a ton of searching online/craigslist/etc, but I've been told a lot of rentals aren't posted online. I'm sure it'll be easier to find a rental once we're there, but is my expectation realistic? Does what I'm looking for actually exist?

Minimum 2 bedrooms.
Allows large dog (not a dangerous breed)
Has fenced yard.
Has washer/dryer hook-ups in home.
Within 2 or 3 miles of WES line (depends on the roads, increased bike-friendliness increases allowable distance from train).
Maximum $1500/month rent.

And then, how do I go about finding these places?

The toughest part is the yard I think, there are plenty of apartment complexes that satisfy everything else, but a house with a yard sure would be nice.

Thanks for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,341,146 times
An apartment with a pet area maybe. Some town houses also, but otherwise not likely.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,148,490 times
Gosh, I got tired of looking at the listings at PadMapper (there were so many) once I figured out just exactly how far WES went ... it's not my part of town. But there were a lot in the range of 2+ bedrooms -1500K. I had been going to say maybe further out should be easier, but they seemed to all be apartments.

But, for example, here's a listing for a house in Beaverton that fits all your requirements (though a w/d hookup isn't mentioned).

I think if you look around, you'll find something.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:16 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,626,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Gosh, I got tired of looking at the listings at PadMapper (there were so many) once I figured out just exactly how far WES went ... it's not my part of town. But there were a lot in the range of 2+ bedrooms -1500K. I had been going to say maybe further out should be easier, but they seemed to all be apartments.

But, for example, here's a listing for a house in Beaverton that fits all your requirements (though a w/d hookup isn't mentioned).

I think if you look around, you'll find something.
I agree. The WES line traverses the southwestern margin of the Metro area, so it's not like it goes through a bunch of uber-popular neighborhoods in the city proper. I think there will be homes in that price range. Might not be the newest or nicest, but safety shouldn't be much of a concern. You should find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland