Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,101,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Yeah, Portland is just a greener, less-dense, landlocked version anyway.
Yeah? Tell that to everyone down at the shipyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,419,603 times
Quote:
Yeah, Portland is just a greener, less-dense, landlocked version anyway.

Landlocked?

Please look at a map.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM

122 posts, read 202,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabock71 View Post
I was stationed at the MEPS from 1984 till 1989. There was a gradual change but nothing to worry about. Then I left and just came back. MY GOD HOW PORTLAND HAS CHANGED! It's no longer the "small" city I once knew. It has grown into something that resembles Los Angles in many ways. It's gotten so large that from Portland to Salem is just about one big city. The people haven't changed a whole lot. I will give that to them. They are some of the nicest people in the world. But I've changed my mind and am going to move again to some place, if I can find it, that reminds me of the old Portland.
You probably helped process me through MEPS in 1985. Good times.

I have lived in Seattle for about 24 years and I don't notice the changes. Maybe because they are gradual and I see them happening. Every now and again I go home to Washougal and I can't believe the changes. I'm not there to see them happen so it's always pretty dramatic when I see them.

Good luck in your search for a new home!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:59 AM

4,620 posts, read 8,130,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Yeah? Tell that to everyone down at the shipyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Landlocked?

Please look at a map.
I just knew I had to give you something disputable if I was going to get Portlanders to not dispute that LA is more dense than Portland.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,101,980 times
Quote:
I just knew I had to give you something disputable if I was going to get Portlanders to not dispute that LA is more dense than Portland.
Gosh, aren't you just the clever one.

But ... is dense supposed to be good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland