Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:40 AM

892 posts, read 1,593,103 times

Advertisements

The Cheese Bar is amazing. Today, I'm going to sit around with coffee and watch the chickadees in the nesting box. My cats are fascinated by them.

Despite this supposedly being a slow week it still included trivia night on Tuesday (we seem to be getting worse), a Thorns game on Thursday and the Helvetia half marathon yesterday. We also went to the Columbia Outlet store in Sellwood and picked up some shorts and swimwear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 10:52 AM

99 posts, read 155,365 times
Some jerk in Beaverton tried to side-swipe me whilst I was trying to parallel park my car and then gave me the finger as if it was my fault! Come on people - get some manners and realize that it is not all about YOU. It never ceases to amaze me about some of the people and their attitudes/actions in this community. And if that wasn't bad enough, some punks puked in the elevator and near the laundry room of my apartment complex - super gross! So that's how my week was: THANKS FOR ASKING - NOT!!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETabor View Post
The Cheese Bar is amazing.
Isn't it? Even their non-cheese stuff is great. I want to try everything on the menu.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
Then today we went to Mt. Tabor Park, also hit the Mt. Hood Model Train club on SE Belmont (only open to the public twice a year - they are open tomorrow if you like model trains),
Dang! Wish I would have seen this sooner! I would have loved to go to that.

Let's see: Saturday was Grand Floral Parade and a bit of the Dragon Boat Races. Projects around the house and yard on Sunday. Last night I met a friend for dinner and we roamed around Hawthorne taking pictures of cool, Portland-y things and people (with their permission, of course!).

Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 PM

8 posts, read 17,227 times
I worked over the weekend so didn't attend the Rose Festival or anything. Saturday night I had to ride home while the annual "naked bike ride" was going on. The route was on the same street(s) I take home so over the course of that fifteen minute ride I probably saw about a thousand naked people (which isn't something I'm used to, haha). The weather was nice over the weekend but these last few days it's been a bit cloudy, and today I rode to work in a light rain (but it wasn't bad at all by Portland standards). Yesterday I went grocery shopping at Hawthorne Fred Meyer with my partner (Fred Meyer is a NW grocer/department store that's part of the larger Kroger industry). This weekend we might try to go to Pride which should be really fun if we can make it.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 AM

146 posts, read 300,310 times
Looks like a rainy week coming up! How do you intend to spend it?

Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
At Fort Stevens. Dinner at one of the awesome restaurants in Downtown Astoria. Biking the trails, pictures of the ocean, the Fort, maybe Cape Disappointment.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:50 AM

192 posts, read 454,609 times
On Sunday, we drove up to Seattle for the day; we went to the Experience Music Project Museum. Awesome place. Right now they have an exhibit about women in rock, including a few dozen stage outfits (don't know how I feel about them focusing on fashion instead of talent...)

Today I'll work on sewing some dresses for my teen with fabric I got from a huge fabric store. Later I will volunteer at the Oregon Humane Society to help some cats make a match with their new families. I also have a new pot of fuchsias to hang and some weeds to pull.

On Saturday we are going to the Internet Cat Film Festival at the Hollywood Theater. Henri, Le Chat Noir, will be there.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 AM

638 posts, read 1,178,751 times
Put on a windbreaker and do the same stuff I did when it was sunny

Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 11,301 times
Went for a swim last week in the river that runs through Tillamook forest, went on an edible plant hike last Sunday, and suffered from allergies every day since then--though I did make time to mad dash to People's Food Co-op to pick up a half gallon of raw goats milk on Wednesday ;]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland