Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:10 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Here's the report that seems to be what she keeps harping on about.

And if anyone bothers to read it, Portland and Seattle happen to be the lowest percentaged places that fish is mislabeled. Sounds like snapper is the largest issue, nationwide.
I've been scouring the Google responses, and can't find any references to "some Portland restaurants have been caught red handed trying to pass off farmed salmon from British Columbia as wild fish."

So, consider the source and do with that statement what you will.
I know that it's hard for you to understand, but I didn't claim that Portland had the largest percentage of mislabeled seafood. Nonetheless, over 20 percent seems a bit much for a city that hypes locally sourced food as a staple of their culinary image. What I claimed, one more time, is that the whole "locally sourced" hype in Portland really isn't always the case.

I wasn't actually referencing that particular report, by the way, although I'm aware of its existence. I really don't know why it's something you'd discount, though.

I really should know better by now to even answer your weird little snarlings because of your penchant to post-and-delete. Anyway, have a great time trying to be someone online all day long tomorrow.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-17-2013 at 12:51 AM..

Old 06-17-2013, 01:34 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Way to much fighting and the general food posts are off topic.
Closed for mod review.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:49 AM

64 posts, read 53,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Way to much fighting and the general food posts are off topic.
Closed for mod review.
Sorry.

I assume it's been reviewed? I'd still like to hear any tidbits of wisdom remaining that residents may have that haven't been shared yet.

Oh! I did mean to ask about the whole swimming in natural bodies of water thing there. Here, obviously, we have the Lake, which is warm enough to swim in throughout the summer months. As much as I loved going to the coast (we went to Pacific City and Tillamook) but swimming wasn't really feasible for any length of time due to how cold the water was. Apparently, even though it was mid-summer, it never really gets warmer than that.

So my question is, is there any other natural bodies to swim in or around Portland?

Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialBreakDance View Post

So my question is, is there any other natural bodies to swim in or around Portland?
Natural water in Portland (and Oregon) tends to be snow run off, so it stays pretty cold even in the warmer months. Near Portland you have spots along the Columbia River from Sauvie's Island up to Rooster Rock. The Sandy River is a popular place for inner tubing, Benson Lake next to Multnomah Falls is always busy on warm weekends.

You can swim in the Willamette if you want too, but it's not exactly a very clean river any longer. It's getting better as environmental regulations are enforced again, and as Portland's "Big Pipe" project comes to a close.

Lake Oswego is technically a Public Lake although the residents around it disagree. Joke is on them, it's a really terrible piece of water and not that desirable to swim in the first place.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,355,367 times
Although I haven't been there for years, Kelley Point Park is a pretty nice place to go on a hot day.

http://www.pdxfamilyadventures.com/2...ley-point-park

Old 06-17-2013, 07:57 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
closed...way off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland