Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM

478 posts, read 881,538 times

Advertisements

Skiffrace is right...summers in Jamul, El Cajon and Santee were pure hell. Unlike here, it doesn't cool down much at night. And the heat went on without end for weeks. And having to evacuate because the latest brush fire is 1/2 mile away gets tiresome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 AM

9 posts, read 12,201 times
I'm moving to San Diego from Portland...lol. I've had it with the rain and have landed a pretty amazing job in SD. We have lived here from 2007 and lucked out finding an awesome home in the NE for 280K. It's close-in to Alberta/Irvington area. Near two decent schools Irvington and Sabine. If you do end up moving, once you find a place, you should register your kids ASAP because for the better schools there can be. Waitlist. With that price point, you can be in Portland proper if you want, but your wages will decrease from what you make in SD. I think it's an 18-22% variance in cost of living.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:15 AM

434 posts, read 987,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffrace View Post
Go 10 miles inland to places like La Mesa or El Cajon and you are in the middle of California apocalyptic post-nuclear holocaust hellscape, burnt landscape and beastly heat included (at least that's how I remember that place)
C'mon, it's not that cool there.

As much as it's nice to hear someone from OR settling in nicely in Poway, I'm not sure I'd brag about summer weather there vs. Portland. This summer has been unusually cool, but looks like 90 is pretty common summer high in the city of Tony Gwynn (Padres Hall-of-Fame outfielder). At least, like Portland (I think), it's a dry warmth most of the time. Maybe not Jamul but inland San Diego burbs like Santee should cool down fine at night. It's not like it's desert (Imperial Valley on into AZ), where it's still a 100 at 10 p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland