Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,361 times

Advertisements

I haven't lost a pound! These food carts are going to be the death of me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 05:20 AM

43 posts, read 65,285 times
haha everything in moderation! But I know what you mean...the food here is ****ing amazing

Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Just a comment from a native about dating: I never dated after I left high school. I just did what interested me, and would meet women with common interests. After we found out we liked each other, we would do things together. It turned out to be an excellent strategy, since my wife and I are coming up on our 27th anniversary and have never had a fight. We knew each other for 3 years before we ever started seeing each other. I met several girls who expected me to do the mating dance, and always disappointed them. My future wife watched a couple of those episodes and howled with laughter over it.

My advice? Dating strangers is a waste of time and money.
Me and mine regulary socialize with a group of three other couples. One pair met the way you describe, but the rest of us dated blind or online and still got lucky. I don't think a rule can be made out of it. I know of one couple that kind of circled around each other for years and each got snapped up by other people. They are now together, they're in their 70's and ecstatic with each other. I'm thinking... .. what a waste of time... if they'd just gone for it when they met at first instead of playing coy and developing a friendship and all that good stuff they could have had decades of happiness together.

H

Old 08-04-2013, 10:08 PM

43 posts, read 65,285 times
yeah I tend to use online dating to at least get a first date. I'm a restaurant manager, so I can't exactly date someone from work, and still being as semi-new as I am here, I don't exactly have a large social circle, and I just flat out don't go to clubs. I'm a pub guy. If I gotta pay to get into the place, I'm probably not gonna like it haha. Plus I'm hard of hearing in one ear, so it's not like I can hear anything being said in a club

Old 08-04-2013, 11:15 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,673,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Me and mine regulary socialize with a group of three other couples. One pair met the way you describe, but the rest of us dated blind or online and still got lucky. I don't think a rule can be made out of it. I know of one couple that kind of circled around each other for years and each got snapped up by other people. They are now together, they're in their 70's and ecstatic with each other. I'm thinking... .. what a waste of time... if they'd just gone for it when they met at first instead of playing coy and developing a friendship and all that good stuff they could have had decades of happiness together.

H

Phil Collins - You Can`t Hurry Love [HIGH QUALITY] VideoClip - YouTube

Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 PM

122 posts, read 193,496 times
"food cart?"

Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,435,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBoBinda View Post
"food cart?"
Food Carts Portland - A Guide to Food Carts in Portland Oregon

Old 09-03-2013, 11:37 AM

16 posts, read 18,948 times
I too, have lost about 20lbs since moving to Portland from FL, despite the most delicious food and beer! Less Stress! I love rain and misty gray. Pdx is the most relaxed place I've ever been. My complaint is too much sun this summer, but then again I lived in eternal summer for 6 years so it's not Pdx's fault, it's Florida's. Can't wait for fall, the trees are starting to change and it's beautiful!

I love it here so far! I've only been here 4 months and am just starting to feel settled in. I plan to start my own meetup group to meet new people who are into art and music. People also value Art here, such a huge differenc from South FL.

I came here married to my wonderful husband so I don't know much about the dating scene. It does seem like the women here are the most polite I've ever seen, and always seem to say the right things especially when I was a little pudgy and shopping. So I agree that the men here can probably find a good lady....best wishes to you.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:48 AM

1,780 posts, read 4,024,861 times
Is Portland the only city in the US with food carts? I've lived in Phoenix and Dallas, and visited Atlanta, LA, Seattle, DC, etc. Can't recall seeing one anywhere else.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Is Portland the only city in the US with food carts? I've lived in Phoenix and Dallas, and visited Atlanta, LA, Seattle, DC, etc. Can't recall seeing one anywhere else.
Other cities have food carts, but I think the sheer variety and the organized nature of the Portland food cart scene is, perhaps, unique in the country.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland