Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,305,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
Cheese & crack is at 33rd but closed till March 1.
http://m.yelp.com/biz/cheese-and-crack-portland
Wow. I have probably passed by it a million times and never even noticed. Thanks. I'll check it out when it opens. The others too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 11:37 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,537,032 times
Enjoy! There's also a great annual cheese festival in inner SE:

https://m.facebook.com/TheWedgePortl...eWedgePortland

Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,796,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
Cheese & crack is at 33rd but closed till March 1.
http://m.yelp.com/biz/cheese-and-crack-portland
What great info on that webpage.Wish there were more food cart webpages,or a thread with folks favorite ones posted. Do they stay at the same locations,always?

Old 02-19-2014, 07:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,982,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
What great info on that webpage.Wish there were more food cart webpages,or a thread with folks favorite ones posted. Do they stay at the same locations,always?
Carts in Portland rarely move from locations because they rent spots from private property. Unlike other cities, in Portland it is illegal to use a public parking spot to sell things like food. To get around this law, it is fine for someone to rent a monthly parking spot and sell to people on the sidewalk, which is why Portland has such a unique food cart culture.

And I believe their is a food cart website for Portland, but I don't remember what it is off hand.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,796,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Carts in Portland rarely move from locations because they rent spots from private property. Unlike other cities, in Portland it is illegal to use a public parking spot to sell things like food. To get around this law, it is fine for someone to rent a monthly parking spot and sell to people on the sidewalk, which is why Portland has such a unique food cart culture.

And I believe their is a food cart website for Portland, but I don't remember what it is off hand.
Thanks for that info,that is interesting,and I will look for the food cart website.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:48 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,379,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Thanks for that info,that is interesting,and I will look for the food cart website.
Food Carts Portland - A Guide to Food Carts in Portland Oregon is the best resource.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:14 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,305,050 times
I never would have thought of a food cart as an actual cheese place. But you never known. Something new for me to check out. I am really liking the varieties the grocery stores Freddy's and Safeway near me are now carrying.

As an aside, my kitty loves cheese as much as I do. In fact, although people will say cats don't respond to words, my cat totally understands the the word "cheese." All I have to do is say "cheese" and she comes a'runnin.

She is not much of a connoisseur. She'll turn her little nose up at brie, but offer her cheddar or mozzarella string cheese and she's all over it.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:33 PM

17,608 posts, read 22,512,090 times
Sometimes early in the morning I yell outside, "Tuna Time". My Mountain Cats come a runnin'......heehee............They also love cheese.

No Min, we never had light bulb exchange...

Old 02-19-2014, 05:42 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,429,426 times
I like walking to the Cheese Shop on SE Stark(down the hill from Mt. Tabor area around like 60th). They've got a really interesting mix of cheeses from all over(and cured meats) and good wine and beer to choose from--plus you can get a cheese plate and snack and drink there...

Old 02-19-2014, 05:49 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,246,274 times
The Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is still not being forthcoming as to the amount of cheese actually manufactured in Tillamook, and the source of the dairy products used in it's manufacture. I believe all packaging is by another creamery in Utah and at least half their production is in Boardman. I don't know if the do any storage in the Tillamook warehouse anymore. Maybe some local retail and tourist products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland