Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:03 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,449,584 times

Advertisements

Says the biggest "Sherriff Joe" (Arpaio) wannabe of Oareegone.

“Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. ... "

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 03-26-2014 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,326,876 times
Actually I am a Joe Arpaio supporter.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:30 PM

17 posts, read 16,908 times
Wow... reading the articles, I am speechless. When I visited NE P ('06), I didn't feel threatened in any way. I hope these incidents come to a halt, it would be disheartening to see NE P take a turn for the worse

Old 03-26-2014, 04:38 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,449,584 times
Actually NE Portland is taking a slight turn for the better.

We are talking about outer east Portland, around 122nd Ave and Burnside/Powell/Division areas.
It's always been kind of sketchy out there, and lately for some reason it's been getting worse.

In every closing credit of the TV show COPS, there is a call about somebody at gunpoint at 132 and Bush.
That's in the area we are talking about.
That area has been a problem area for a long time.

The below link has a link to the map where it happened.
http://www.gadling.com/2007/11/11/tv...where-are-you/

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 03-26-2014 at 04:50 PM..

Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Actually I am a Joe Arpaio supporter.
I am not shocked.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:26 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post

We are talking about outer east Portland, around 122nd Ave and Burnside/Powell/Division areas.
It's always been kind of sketchy out there, and lately for some reason it's been getting worse.

In every closing credit of the TV show COPS, there is a call about somebody at gunpoint at 132 and Bush.
That's in the area we are talking about.
That area has been a problem area for a long time.

The below link has a link to the map where it happened.
TV tourism: 132 and Bush, where are you? | Gadling.com
Interesting piece of trivia, I never realized it was that 132nd and Bush!

Old 03-26-2014, 07:35 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,433,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post

The police have been actively pushing everything that was happening along 82nd out to 122nd for the past decade. Good news 82nd is better. Bad news, 122nd and beyond has suffered. Add in gentrification of the close in North Portland Neighborhoods.

Over all the city is getting better by the year. But we're concentrating issues even tighter.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:41 PM

195 posts, read 281,423 times
A friend of mine had a problem with similar folks one time when I was there, bunch of noise, loud music etc, in spite of polite requests to tone it down or move, etc. Somebody took a bursting charge from a big July 4th rocket, lit a fuze, and tossed it over the house into the bunch of them, and drove off. My friend said that he never again has that problem. Strange, eh?

Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM

28 posts, read 31,410 times
Take it easy on poor Steve. Everyone has a right to an opinion, and Steve clearly feels very vulnerable and scared. Defensive posturing in such an emotional state makes him say things that he thinks will protect him but may not be entirely logical. His answer to violence is more violence; his way to keep guns out of the wrong hands is to put more guns on the street. This sounds like the rationale of someone who may have experienced some trauma. He knows that his comments here will inflame; how many internet trolls use their real names? Perhaps Steve would be better served if we did not respond to his posts here, giving him more time to speak about his fears with a qualified professional. If he does truly wish to serve the community, then we all benefit.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:29 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,326,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firry View Post
Take it easy on poor Steve. Everyone has a right to an opinion, and Steve clearly feels very vulnerable and scared. Defensive posturing in such an emotional state makes him say things that he thinks will protect him but may not be entirely logical. His answer to violence is more violence; his way to keep guns out of the wrong hands is to put more guns on the street. This sounds like the rationale of someone who may have experienced some trauma. He knows that his comments here will inflame; how many internet trolls use their real names? Perhaps Steve would be better served if we did not respond to his posts here, giving him more time to speak about his fears with a qualified professional. If he does truly wish to serve the community, then we all benefit.

Funny stuff. Familiar IP. Must be a reincarnation. Yes, the ignore button is nice. Now what have you got to say on topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: