Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,073,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETabor View Post
5 Guys is probably the closest to In-n-Out for flavor and taste and cost. They're not everywhere but they are pretty spread around the area. If you want a good burger though, go to Little Big Burger or Foster Burger. They are more sit down type restaurants but have incredible burgers.
My favorite place for a burger has always been Slow Bar. That is where I go when I want an amazing burger, though Little Big Burger is really good, though I can't say about Foster Burger, I haven't been there yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 12:03 PM

49 posts, read 68,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Having driven San Diego to Seattle, both ways, and multiple parts of the total distance more times then I can count, I have to wonder how long your trip is in the first place. A day and a half to two days isn't time to do any city, much less any of the major West Coast ones, proper justice.

And if you're going South to North, by the time you hit Portland you're going to be pretty tired and just want to sit back and relax. Not add another 100-200 miles to your total trip. So I'd suggest you stay close in to town, rent a bike and explore that way.

BTW, it's San Francisco. Don't stand out by abbreviating it.

Planning on taking nearly two weeks. Going to drive up and actually fly home. I understand that we won't be able to do everything in that time. However, I'm using my local resources via city data forum to see what our options would be to make the most of it. We were figuring about 2-3 days in each city. The biggest chunk of driving would be from San Diego to San Francisco (spelled out ).

I appreciate all of the recommendations, despite the burger battle that is going on lol. I don't plan on comparing them to In n Out burger. I like the options of fish, turkey, etc. I'm a sucker for a good milkshake so I plan on making a stop there.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM

2,430 posts, read 6,614,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylfe11 View Post
Planning on taking nearly two weeks. Going to drive up and actually fly home. I understand that we won't be able to do everything in that time. However, I'm using my local resources via city data forum to see what our options would be to make the most of it. We were figuring about 2-3 days in each city. The biggest chunk of driving would be from San Diego to San Francisco (spelled out ).

I appreciate all of the recommendations, despite the burger battle that is going on lol. I don't plan on comparing them to In n Out burger. I like the options of fish, turkey, etc. I'm a sucker for a good milkshake so I plan on making a stop there.
Don't worry about spelling it out. I'm originally from San Francisco and as long as you don't call it Frisco you're good. SF, San Fran, The City, all OK. LOL

Old 04-22-2014, 02:05 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,285,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylfe11 View Post

Are you driving up the coast from Frisco or the freeway? That will have a lot to do with your choices and any options I would offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland