Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,070 times

Advertisements

A while back I'd asked this about Seattle. Now I'm wondering about Portland.

What's the indie film scene like in Portland? Is there a good production infrastructure? A large talent pool of trained actors and skilled technicians, and a decent number of production houses and sound stages, if one wanted to produce indie films locally?

I was told that Seattle's indie film infrastructure is rather poor. That ambitious Seattle filmmakers and actors eventually leave for Vancouver, Canada, or Los Angeles. Is the indie filmmaking scene more vibrant in Portland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 07:48 PM

892 posts, read 2,392,520 times
The independent film scene in Portland is alive and well! You probably won't find many of those folks on here, but hang around the nwFilmCenter (in person or online) and you'll meet up with all kinds of folks. It's a very welcoming community too, which is a nice change from some places.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:26 PM

609 posts, read 808,352 times
I knew a guy why was an independent film maker here in Portland. He said there is very little of the stuff you mentioned like actors and soundstages. He moved to LA a few years back to pursue his dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: