Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 AM

28 posts, read 35,155 times

Advertisements

we're considering relocating to the lake Oswego/West Linn area this summer from NorthernVirginia and wanted to get some information on soccer clubs in the area. I amaware of the Lake Oswego soccer club but was wondering if there were otherclubs to consider. My twin 10 yr. old boys currently play on travel teams sothey would be looking for a similar program. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 12:34 PM

780 posts, read 1,578,061 times
Check out these two websites, as they have a pretty good list of all the clubs in the state.
http://www.oregonyouthsoccer.org/home.php?layout=853303
http://www.oregonpremierleague.com/clubs/clubpages/index_E.html

My son plays competitive ball, but I'm a little grey on who's who anymore, considering all the changes that have happened in the last few years with so many clubs moving from the OPL to the OYSA and the emergence of Crossfire. Regardless, here's a few:

Crossfire clubs - Southside & LOSC in Lake Oswego, Oregon City SC, Willamette United (WL-Wilsonville), Clackamas United (NCSD school area)

Thelo United - I think this club now covers what used to be the separate clubs of Milwaukie SC, Gladstone, and Thelo

BSC Oregon (mostly based in south & west Portland) - seems pretty competitive

Portland Timbers feeder groups - Eastside Timbers (Gresham-area) and Westside Timbers (Tualatin/Beaverton area) - we play under this group, although our son's particular age group leaves a bit to be desired

Barcelona Oregon - mostly east of the Willamette

Hope that helps to get you a start.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:48 PM

682 posts, read 1,579,895 times
If you end up in Lake Oswego/West Linn then I think your two best bets at the moment are Southside and Willamette United (although I admit I don't know where LOSC stacks up at the moment). As wanderbygrace mentioned, things have been shifting recently.

Our six year old is connected to Westside Timbers as well, but that may change depending on how he develops and which club is the best fit.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:46 AM

Thanks so much for all the information, that's very helpful. I'll start some research

Old 04-17-2015, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the reply and the information. It looks like we will wind up in LO, so I will follow your advice on the clubs you mentioned and also look at LOSC. Thanks again!

Old 04-17-2015, 01:19 PM

50 posts, read 109,646 times
Willamette United is what my kids have done for 3 years. WUSC

It is a fairly well organized, good program with caring coaches from our experience. I live in West Linn, and thought of moving to LO when I first moved to OR, but glad we settled in WL Best of luck to you and your family!

Old 04-18-2015, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the reply. WL is an option for us, I've heard good things about their schools. Question on Willamette United, do they support multiple teams per age group in their travel programs? The No VA club my boys play for support 4 teams at each age based on player skill level. Thanks again.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfly View Post
Thanks for the reply. WL is an option for us, I've heard good things about their schools. Question on Willamette United, do they support multiple teams per age group in their travel programs? The No VA club my boys play for support 4 teams at each age based on player skill level. Thanks again.
IDK, you'd have to call them. It's fairly common here to have multiple teams in the same age group within each club. We are no longer in the same league/division as the south side teams, so I don't know if they have more than one or not.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:00 AM

Thanks, I'll contact the club for more info

Old 04-20-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfly View Post
Thanks, I'll contact the club for more info
Good luck, and I hope your boys wind up playing on the big pitch someday!

PS: Absolutely take in a Portland Timbers match once you get here. Electric crowd, great atmosphere, and (hopefully by then, given our present injury issues) a great team!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland