Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
No, you can't, obviously, because you don't. Again, nowhere did I type that commuting in a car was my only option, yet you chose to make that claim. There are plenty of other examples in this thread of the same type of thing. You were going to report someone for mentioning that you used to live in New Jersey? Really? Maybe it's a game, maybe you really do have reading difficulties. I'm not sure anyone here really cares anymore.

I'm sure you would. However, I'd rather see bike licenses, especially for those of you who think everyone else should fund their bike paths. Oh, and so if someone "on a bike" commits a crime, LE has at least some chance of tracking them down. It would also be great if they had to have an actual license to operate the bike on public roads that required a both a written and physical riding test.
Well I am terribly sorry, I must have mixed your post with someone else's.

I have yet to see anything that properly puts together a plan to show how bike license plates will work to pay for the program, the enforcement, and the cost of bike infrastructure. Also, what would be the age for this? Does a 6 year old need their bike licensed, what about a guy who has 20 bikes, should he license each one even if he only rides one bike at a time?

Often times people are like bikes need to be licensed, yet no one has presented a program that makes sense. The only times I have seen a program it is voluntary, and just helps the police recover stolen bikes and does not cover the cost of enforcement.

So if you guys think a bicycle license plate is a great idea then present a plan.

But seeing this isn't a bicycle thread, this is a traffic thread I stand by my original statement, me commuting by bike takes a car off the road and out of traffic, and I get rewarded by not having to deal with traffic on my commutes.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,854,818 times
closing thread as I dont see productive stuff coming from it.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland