Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:33 AM

371 posts, read 537,124 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your suggestions. My son got the OK to telecommute so we are just waiting to see if his girlfriend is able to do so. If not, she will have to find a job and that may influence their decision to go to Beaverton or another burb. We're toying with the idea of renting a house together instead of two apartments for the first year. Then they can decide where to buy and I can decide where to rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 06:47 PM

5 posts, read 12,582 times
Just like Soup Nazi, I need to limit my housing costs to under $1000. I am currently living in San Diego - long story - rents are insane and I cannot find another rental that will take my normal sized dog. She weighs 60 pounds and is obedience trained. I just can't figure out why a person can have two 30 pound dogs, or two 25 pound dogs but not one 60 pound dog. In fact, most require under 20 pounds! Little dogs are noisier their bark carries farther, they tend to be aggressive, often are diggers and more people are bitten by small dogs than large ones. I sold a paid for house to move closer to family and now find myself facing a major dilemma because my current 'bargain rental' (1500 month!) is going on the market. Frustrating. Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to find a welcoming rental in Oregon? Thank you!

Old 07-02-2015, 07:02 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VividPisces View Post
......I need to limit my housing costs to under $1000........ Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to find a welcoming rental in Oregon? ....
With rent under $1000 in Portland? Good luck with that.

Difficulty with the dog is going to depend a lot upon what breed the dog is. Although it is easier with a small dog, there are landlords who will take a well behaved larger dog, as long as it isn't on their insurance company's dangerous dog list.

There might be somewhere in Oregon where you can rent for under $1000 a month, but it is likely to be somewhere with few employment opportunities.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:12 AM

616 posts, read 644,806 times
I like Tualatin--great place but you better hurry because apts are getting spendy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland