Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:43 AM

3,782 posts, read 2,683,716 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the name of an employment recruiter/headhunter specializing in engineering/technical jobs in Portland Metro? I searched and found an excellent post from 2010 that had an extensive list of temp. firms for all fields, but that is not quite what I am looking for.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 10:55 AM

241 posts, read 386,418 times
if you're any good, they'll find you!

Old 03-17-2015, 11:06 AM

^ That's a little silly, and not particularly helpful. I know someone who is looking to relocate to Portland. I think it is unlikely they will get contacted via LinkedIn since their profile doesn't indicate they are in Portland. As a Portland native who's also an ex-pat., I am trying to assist them in their search.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:29 PM

241 posts, read 386,418 times
LinkedIn is a subpar tool at best. Those who are truly being "head hunted" are known commodities. I used to dabble in that world and I had full profiles for those who are truly sought. Their secretary's names, where they golfed at, their kids soccer teams, their favorite beers even. You'd be amazed how much intel people put on line.

What are you're looking for is a list of employment agencies and job placement services. Much different approaches. Google will be your friend here.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfeeder View Post
LinkedIn is a subpar tool at best. Those who are truly being "head hunted" are known commodities. I used to dabble in that world and I had full profiles for those who are truly sought. Their secretary's names, where they golfed at, their kids soccer teams, their favorite beers even. You'd be amazed how much intel people put on line.

What are you're looking for is a list of employment agencies and job placement services. Much different approaches. Google will be your friend here.
^Of course I have already checked google. I am looking for local info from scientists and engineers. That does not sound like you. And no, I am not looking for a list of employment agencies. Perhaps job placement services are applicable here, however, depending on how one draws the line. I think I did an adequate job of formulating the type of information sought in my original post. Actual names of firms is what I am after.

I would not be even slightly amazed about how much information is online. That's a fairly pedestrian observation.

Anyone else have something constructive to add?

Last edited by ormari; 03-17-2015 at 02:36 PM..

Old 03-17-2015, 03:37 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Nell Plotts on this forum was an HR exec in this area for decades(?) so maybe you can send her a PM. Just a thought.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:02 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
PM to OP. My contacts are tech users not tech employers. Others need to chime in.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:51 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,530,237 times
Aerotek and Volt is what a few of my friends have used. I got my job through a connection with my alumni association and contacts I had in the military. But now I am known and have many contacts. Just get your foot in the door, and then start networking in the local area, be sure to talk to end users and suppliers when you have the chance. Sorry, there is not one-size-fits-all head hunter. I would look on indeed under engineer and Craigslist under Manufacturing.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Aerotek and Volt is what a few of my friends have used. I got my job through a connection with my alumni association and contacts I had in the military. But now I am known and have many contacts. Just get your foot in the door, and then start networking in the local area, be sure to talk to end users and suppliers when you have the chance. Sorry, there is not one-size-fits-all head hunter. I would look on indeed under engineer and Craigslist under Manufacturing.
Thank you for your post. I don't have familiarity with Aerotek but Volt seems like just a temp job placement firm.

I'm not looking for a one-size-fits-all head hunter. I'm looking for a head hunter who specializes in technical fields, and better still would be to find head hunters who specialize in technical sub-fields. In the NE, there are such head hunters/recruiters. I bet there are firms who cover Portland/Seattle/Vancouver in the same way. If not, someone will fill the niche.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:43 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
I happened to find the following on VentureBeat.com : VentureBeat Job Board | VentureBeat Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: