Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,378 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! My name is Tina. I'm here to inquire and seek advice about anything and everything pertaining to my situation. I currently live in Florida, am a stylist (among other things).....my partner and I have to beautiful children ( 5 and 10). He will be attending the art institute for media this fall and at this time we are looking into renting a home in an area close to school, yet a fun, free, liberal place for our children to grow. Good elementary and middle schools are extremely important while making these decisions.
We are looking at a rental rate at about $800 - $1000 with a fenced in yard, single family home......... 3/1 or 3/2.
Anyway, I guess what is important right now is locating an area or neighborhood that is not too expensive but nice and safe for my children.
Any information you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks so much and have a beautiful day!

love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,733,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul88 View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Tina. I'm here to inquire and seek advice about anything and everything pertaining to my situation. I currently live in Florida, am a stylist (among other things).....my partner and I have to beautiful children ( 5 and 10). He will be attending the art institute for media this fall and at this time we are looking into renting a home in an area close to school, yet a fun, free, liberal place for our children to grow. Good elementary and middle schools are extremely important while making these decisions.
We are looking at a rental rate at about $800 - $1000 with a fenced in yard, single family home......... 3/1 or 3/2.
Anyway, I guess what is important right now is locating an area or neighborhood that is not too expensive but nice and safe for my children.
Any information you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks so much and have a beautiful day!

love
I would look at these neighborhoods & associated schools:
SE Portland
Sellwood Westmoreland... Llewellyn Elem & Sellwood Middle
Mt Tabor... Glenco or Mt. Tabor Elem & Mt Tabor Middle
Hawthrone & Belmont areas... I think they feed into the above schools

NE
Laurelhurst... Laurelhurst Elementary & Fernwood Middle
Irvington... Irvington Elementary/ Alameda Elementary & Fernwood Middle

In NW & SW Portland there are several good school choices too. Like Chapman in NW Portland & West Sylvan. But I don't know if you would be able to get a single family for that price.

But all these areas are a short bus ride or short bike ride to The Art Instit. BTW, Hawthorne, Belmont, & Sellwood probably have the highest concentration of artists of the areas I mentioned.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,378 times
thank you sooooo much! I really appreciate you! I'm definitely going to research these areas..........again, thank you so much for your help!
Any other advice/information you have would be greatly appreciated!
Have a beautiful evening!

love

Old 01-22-2008, 09:03 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,101,185 times
You might want to check out this website:

Susan's Online Guide to Portland Oregon - The City of Roses

Although it's a realtor's site, but it really does have great (and in my opinion, accurate) information about the various neighborhoods in Portland. Their strengths, weaknesses, schools, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: