Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 06:28 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,962,109 times

Advertisements

This is yet another example of the exploitation and downright cruelty of property management in PDX. How dare they? It's supposed to be around 100 degrees and humid, that's hot enough to kill people.

Tenants in Ore. apartment complex losing air conditioning days before heat wave | Local & Regional | Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Idaho News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News - KBOI 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:45 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,593 times
I sure hope the management gets sued into oblivion - I'm pretty sure what they're doing is highly illegal. Hopefully the press will make a big stink about it too.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:06 PM

616 posts, read 644,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
This is yet another example of the exploitation and downright cruelty of property management in PDX. How dare they? It's supposed to be around 100 degrees and humid, that's hot enough to kill people.

Tenants in Ore. apartment complex losing air conditioning days before heat wave | Local & Regional | Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Idaho News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News - KBOI 2
so one company is F---ed up and all Oregon rental management companies are F---ed up

I work in the business and most never do this --jeebuss

Old 06-26-2015, 04:08 PM

Mini --seriously you hate Oregon with a passion-- there's other states

Old 06-26-2015, 07:22 PM

810 posts, read 851,132 times
It is going to be hot yes but not humid. It is like 24 % now that is nothing compared to back east the tripple H threat hazy Hot and Humid.

How are they taking away ac units. Unless it is stipulated in your lease there is no reason to not have ac/. Our place has a rule you have to use clear plastic in the window.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:06 PM

300 posts, read 267,291 times
I wish my apartment even considered ac or central air. These older 80's units will probably never do it though.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:38 AM

810 posts, read 851,132 times
we lived in an older place probably built in the 70's no insulation at all, the upstairs was so hot in the summer faced east and west so always direct light in one of the two bedrooms. That place sucked but we had really cheap rent and lived there for 9 years the landlord only raised our rent once and that was by $50 and he took the $25 discount away if we paid on the first/ He was kind of a slum lord too. The rent was $650 I now pay more than double but this place is bigger and much newer

Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 AM

answer to all this---save money buy your own house--put AC where you like

Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
Giving notice that air conditioners will be removed is not the same as ripping them out in the middle of a heat wave.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:33 AM

170 posts, read 193,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58rhodes View Post
Mini --seriously you hate Oregon with a passion-- there's other states
I used to love Oregon and then I moved to the bay area and had a total love affair with san Francisco; stayed 16 years, had a great job and friends and then my husband decided it would be better for our health if we moved back; we were starting to get into retirement age and SF was so expensive so I agreed. we came up here in 02 and the first four years were horrible; hardly any jobs, pay cut in half; we really struggled; we couldn't even get food stamps; then we thought hey lets move to sacramento. so, while we were trying to put that plan in motion, I had a horrible debilitating accident that left me in a wheelchair so that ended our trying to escape from pdx; the reason i'm saying this is yes, there are other states, but maybe the poster is unable to relocate. we just have to make the best of it. PDX is shady; a lot of companies fly under the radar and hurt folks that are low income. they run shady operations and who suffers? low income folks; if you've got enough bread to live a good lifestyle in PDX, it might be ok, but the fixed/low income folks have to pay the cost. just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland