Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 12:29 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

Obesity is a problem every where , however here the view is some what promising .
I often visit at the local starbucks, and some of them are located near a gym.
The ratio here is about 4 to 1 seriously over weight .
I am beginning to think though that the problem is not necessarily all over eating , but the meats are of animals fed steroids we are ingesting.
I don't eat that much, but I fight weight too .
Even though I work hard and sweat heavily, the weight does not just melt off.
I seems the energy food use to provide is diminished.,
Uness you go organic and that's probably has a lot t do with it.
Just guessing .
People with a little higher income bracket, tend to buy better foods and avoid places like Mc Donalds.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:56 PM

846 posts, read 610,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Obesity is a problem every where , however here the view is some what promising .
I often visit at the local starbucks, and some of them are located near a gym.
The ratio here is about 4 to 1 seriously over weight .
I am beginning to think though that the problem is not necessarily all over eating , but the meats are of animals fed steroids we are ingesting.
I don't eat that much, but I fight weight too .
Even though I work hard and sweat heavily, the weight does not just melt off.
I seems the energy food use to provide is diminished.,
Uness you go organic and that's probably has a lot t do with it.
Just guessing .
People with a little higher income bracket, tend to buy better foods and avoid places like Mc Donalds.

Agreed. It is very difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle, especially when it is easier and cheaper pulling to a McDonald's driver thru rather than purchasing and preparing your own meals.

It could be viewed as an opportunity for women. Nearly everyone has a choice on how much they weigh. A determine individual could put time/energy and become fit and toned. This person would have a plethora of suitors to choose from.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:24 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,913,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
It could be viewed as an opportunity for women. Nearly everyone has a choice on how much they weigh. A determine individual could put time/energy and become fit and toned. This person would have a plethora of suitors to choose from.
perhaps the ladies you see aren't wanting a plethora of suitors.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:37 PM

400 posts, read 414,273 times
I know what you mean. On the tailgate of my truck it says Boil Fat People For Oil. Maybe because its cold and rainy all the time and with the short winter daylight, people just stay in the house, sit on their butt and eat.

With health care reform the taxpayers are going to pay the cost of the fat to slowly die from diabetes and heart disease through their insurance premiums. Yes there are a lot of fat unsightly cows, and men too. I have to avert my eyes. Fat people riding around the grocery store on motorized carts because they are too fat to walk.

I have an idea to solve this problem. Make all the doors to food stores and restaurants 18" wide. If you are too fat to get in, no more food for you. That way they would have to loose the weight.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:32 PM

846 posts, read 610,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
perhaps the ladies you see aren't wanting a plethora of suitors.

the point I was trying to make is there are choices and opportunities. There Possible opportunities for women... and men

Old 07-05-2015, 05:11 PM

478 posts, read 882,100 times
Wow, does this discussion ever reinforce the idea that some people think some forms of prejudice are still acceptable. Can you imagine the invective in this thread being thrown at any other group?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:40 PM

991 posts, read 1,520,526 times
You know what...a lot of the guys in Portland are grimy. I'm constantly amazed by the men that don't shave or even shower. I have seen men with greasy hair in the corporate office...with dandruff. Didn't their Mother's teach them about hygiene? I think that is far more offensive. Seems to be a trend with the "hipsters", even some of the gals don't shower.

Just yuck, who would want to engage with someone that doesn't clean themselves?

SF has hipsters in the corporate workplace but they shower. WTH is going on in PDX, we certainly have enough water to stay clean.

Just EWWWW !!!

Old 07-05-2015, 05:49 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisw View Post
Wow, does this discussion ever reinforce the idea that some people think some forms of prejudice are still acceptable. Can you imagine the invective in this thread being thrown at any other group?
Well yes, I've seen it thrown at gays and "rednecks", just to name two groups.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I never had an issue with this, where are you finding your ladies to date? Heck, maybe you attract the big ones.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Agreed. It is very difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle, especially when it is easier and cheaper pulling to a McDonald's driver thru rather than purchasing and preparing your own meals.

Have you tried meeting ladies at New Seasons rather than McDonalds? That would probably help you with looking for healthier people. Maybe take up hiking or something, I know lots of women that are fit and active here, but that requires you to also be fit and active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland