Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:34 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,858,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Getting back to the harassment of home owners who are being constantly bombarded with mailings and even worse, slime-ball flippers who continue to knock on their doors after being turned down, what is the point of this? No means no. That's the worst part of this. There's nothing wrong with a legitimate real estate agent making an offer in the nature of, "I like your house, I can make you an offer of ........ if you would be interested in selling," maybe one time by mail or maybe at a neighborhood association meeting where the agent can leave business cards. But to continually pester people by knocking on their doors after they have to declared over and over again they aren't interested in selling like my friend and her neighbors have to endure is the actions of low-life bullies.

I think this is especially true because the targets are often the elderly; people who have owned their homes for years and who the vultures believe can be intimidated and are therefore easy pickings. I can see no justification in this. Again, no matter how much is offered, "no" means no the first time and the tenth. These people will sell some day but when they are ready to the people they choose and it won't be to bottom feeding scum.
No one here is stating that your friend MUST sell. She is entitled to make her own decisions. Who ever argued against that?

As far a "Slime balls" harassing her. I kind of doubt it is really that bad.
I think she should consider herself lucky - not harassed.

There is no gun to anyone's head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 07:02 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
LA is limited by geography.
Actually it’s really not limited by geography. LA just keeps expanding. Which is what would happen to Portland, if they let it. No doubt the developers would love to cut down the forests and develop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland