Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 11:45 PM

5 posts, read 2,834 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are a young couple in their early twenties (we are of age to drink) traveling to Portland, Oregon for the first time in March for my 23rd birthday. We would appreciate any ideas for nice and safe hotels that are not too expensive, and fun activities we should do. Thank you!!

Also if you have any ideas of safe and cheap hotels in Seaside, Oregon, that would be great to know about as well!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 06:34 AM

822 posts, read 2,201,758 times
Go eat at The Montage.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:44 PM

23 posts, read 37,919 times
For hotels, I would checkout Edgefield in Troutdale! It is historic, and not only can you stay there, but it offers a spa, breweries, cigar bars, and wine, and diners on the same lot. It is quite the experience. I go there 2-3 a month with a group! & the golf course there is amazing.
OCEAN front hotels. _ All hotels along Seaside are all fairly nice! Most have great views and offer breakfast and what not. Seaside has gone down a little bit.. I would recommend Lincoln City or Canon Beach!

Also, I would look into going hiking. Angels rest, multnomah falls, etc. Google best places to hike in Oregon,and you will be amazed! There are all in the Portland area/or east of it. (Worth the 30min drive)

For your bday celebration, there are a few great clubs. For dinner- Montage is great, Henrys Tavern(my fave), Departure, or if you want to get fancy Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Clubs to visit if you are up for dancing and great music---> Fifth Ave, Jones (great oldies music 90's and early 2000), Dixie, Splash Bar, or Barrel Room!

Hope you have fun for your birthday!!

~T

Old 02-23-2016, 10:45 PM

14 posts, read 11,674 times
While in Portland, definitely eat at Screen Door, Pok Pok (chicken wings), and Nong's Khao man Gai (food cart) if you like cajun and thai food. Those places are very famous for a reason. Also check out some breweries. Oregon has some really good hops so our IPA is very nice if you like hoppy beer. Smoke weed legally.

Check out the Columbia River and hike at Forest Park. Go to Pittock Mansion and take a real nice photo of downtown Portland with Mt. Hood in the background. Check out Pearl District. http://www.pdxblog.com/what-to-do-in...t-portland-or/

Old 02-24-2016, 12:56 AM

3,882 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Don't forget to check out Powell's book store, it's fun! I'm not even a bookworm and I thought it was cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland