Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:56 AM

10 posts, read 10,924 times

Advertisements

If she played soccer, have her look into reffing for recreational games. There is some training involved, but once she is qualified, they make pretty good money. I think it is $15-$20 a game. Work as little or as much as she is willing for twice what most of her friends make. Once you get some experience and age, they qualify for competitive games and center ref and the pay goes up. Pretty good gig for teens. Mostly weekend work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 PM

311 posts, read 348,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
Someone informed me at the begging of summer that her daughter (same age) has a part time split lunch and dinner shift at a senior facility.($12.00 an hour) She applied and would have been hired but we had a vacation planned at the end of June and she will be a camp team leader all next week.

I was looking for ideas I hadn't thought of that she might try for the month of August. Oaks Park would be cool but just to far away to work for us. I'll checkout the dog vaycay and see if that may work.

Thanks all....
Maybe the Family Fun Center in Wilsonville. They might offer weekend shifts during the school year too.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:14 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,429 times
Concession workers for the local and state fairs or other events?
Stall cleaning? I see those in Craigslist a lot.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:08 PM

846 posts, read 609,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
General ideas would be good. Tigard, Tualatin or Sherwood specifically would be even better. TIA This will be a first job though she has volunteer experience. She is intelligent, well spoken and pretty.
Simple. Housing cleaning.

I would gladly pay someone to help me do some simple cleaning around the house. Nothing that would require any hard labor or something considered dangerous. Some of the work would include cleaning the basebords, sweeping out the garage, and getting the scuff marks off the doors and walls. Clean the windows, clean the car, clean the dog. Work like this should be about 10-13 dollars an hour? Far better money than working at a fast food restaurant. Pay cash and let the worker decide on what to report to Uncle Samatha.

If it was daughter I would like to meet all potential clients before any agreement was made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland